Range/ Ram/ Cleaning Rod

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Billnpatti

Cannon
Reaction score
Both are great rods and it will just be a matter of which you want. One thing to note, the one from TOW has the muzzle protector that comes with it. It is important to use this device to protect your muzzle from accuracy ruining wear to the crown. If you choose the one from Log Cabin, and it is a dandy, be sure to order a muzzle protector to go with it. You will be happy with either one.

Rifleman1776

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
As B&P said, those are good rods. Expensive but good. They should last a long time. Or, since this is a 'do yer own thang' game, why not make your own? Of the two, I would go with the one from Track.

azmntman

Cannon
Reaction score
I just got one too, have yet to use it. I had an old derlin 48" rod forever and a day till I went wood cuttng and shooting at the same time and some dumba__ :redface: threw so much oak on it it finally died. Hope I like it as well, my old one was great.

azmntman

Cannon
Reaction score
Personal preference I'd say, the 3 piece would be easier to sore and tote in a gun box etc :idunno:

bpd303

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That was my choice. The sectional rods are heavy duty and the joints are smooth so no worry about wear on the muzzle. I also use a muzzle protector with it. I have collection of one piece range rods in stainless, brass, Derlin and wood, but my go to is the GI.

lapierre1

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got the one from TOW and use it with my '63 Springfield. Very good rod.

ctshep97

32 Cal.
Reaction score
is the one from track of the wolf strong enough to pull minie's and patched balls from the barrel.

Jim C

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I prefer the J Dewey swivel handle SS rods myself. IDK, but it would seem like to me a fixed/rigid handle rod would cause your wiping/cleaning patches to skip over the rifling lands and leave the crud in the grooves.