• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range feed back...SC, Myrtle Beach area.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry2357

40 Cal.
Reaction score
In another thread ( figured I would start another thread on this area) I was asking if anyone knew of a place I read about that had 2 ranges and was a State Park. Found it and I now see it’s a National Forest. In my other thread I was looking for clubs in the area and found clubs, were few and distant. Granted I would drive a couple hrs if need be. But, at least this range seems a bit closer. Hour and a half. Conway area would be my starting point, I just need to shoot, deep sigh. Enough venting. Thanks.
Any one shoot here and any feed back.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3831137.pdf

Francis Marion National Forest, 2 Ranges.

Hi Henry, sorry I just saw your post. I shoot (or shot) at both boggy head and twin ponds. Last I knew they had one again shut down boggy head, perhaps indefinitely, due to all the trash left on the range.

Twin ponds is a great facility. I'm given to believe it's fairly new, but I've been shooting there for almost a year. In fact, just took a friend for his first muzzleloader experience today! My only gripe is that it is only open Tuesday through Saturday 9am to 5pm(not actually sure on closing time). Makes it hard to find time when you have both a full time job and a baby at home!

But the twin ponds range is very slick. Covered shooting benches (~15 or so?), provided target holder things, distances marked out 15, 25, 50, and 100 yards - and, when there's no corona sniffing around, free spotting scopes and gun rest bags for check out.

Just know that unless you happen to go when I'm there, you'll be the only smoke pole! I'd suggest letting the RSO know so he doesn't take the the cold while you're mid load!

Give a shout if I can answer anything else, and let me know if you're heading that way - might be able to meet up!

Actually I shoot my smoke poles there pretty frequently. The only things I don't like is that the construction of the long gun shelter makes it so you can't practice shooting offhand (standing), and shot isn't permitted so no patterning. Otherwise it's a good range.

I didn't know they'd closed Boggy. It was the wild west, for sure, but you could shoot just about anything. Only place around (other than offshore) where I could use my blunderbuss.

Back