• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Random photos of famous ML percussion/flint guns, or rather guns owned by either famous people or during famous events

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres one.....

Attachments

• pistol6b.jpg
    pistol6b.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
We can't neglect Jim Bridger's Hawken:

View attachment 166924

Currently in the possession of the Montana Historical Society. Click this link for more pictures and the story of its chain of custody: Jim Bridger's Hawken

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
I was fortunate to shoot Bridger's rifle in the early 70's while the museum was having it cleaned by Les Bauska.
Relic shooter

I was fortunate to shoot Bridger's rifle in the early 70's while the museum was having it cleaned by Les Bauska.
Relic shooter
Lucky you! I've never shot or even handled an original Hawken. I've seen a few behind glass on display in various collections, but that's as close as I've gotten to an original.

I hope to make it to the Hawken Classic later this year and maybe get to see a few of the real ones up close.

Notchy Bob

Lucky you! I've never shot or even handled an original Hawken. I've seen a few behind glass on display in various collections, but that's as close as I've gotten to an original.

I hope to make it to the Hawken Classic later this year and maybe get to see a few of the real ones up close.

Notchy Bob
Lucky says it all, just happened to be in the right place at the right time during the Hawken craze, it was a hackle-raising experience.
Les Bauska was a well known barrel & gun maker & I often spent the night at his place when picking up barrels & attending the local gun show.
That was a double whammy weekend as Les had also just completed building a .600 Rigby nitro single shot rifle he had built for an African big game hunter & knew I was a fan of big bore guns so invited me to the range to sight it in. That one shot brought tears of pain to my eyes & I declined to fire the next cigar sized cartridge. 😬
Relic shooter, now I'm the relic :(

Back