• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ramrod UNstucker installed at our range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FYI, a few of our older members are determined to become Members in Good Standing of the Dry Ball Club. One the guys installed this gizmo up on the rafters of the covering line roof in case they need to pull out a stuck ball. It is simple to make and works slick! Not that I've used it, haha!

Ramrod1.jpg
Ramrod2.jpg

Nice idea. Thank you. I managed to get my RR stuck while cleaning. I got it out, but managed to crack/break it in the process. I secured the rifle OK but couldn't get a straight enough pull with force on the RR. No more factory rod sniff sniff.

Applying that much force is baffling to me. Way too many ml rifles have cracked stocks. I just heard of a guy that drove his car over his ram rod then pulled on the gun to pull a ball.
Oh well.

FYI, a few of our older members are determined to become Members in Good Standing of the Dry Ball Club. One the guys installed this gizmo up on the rafters of the covering line roof in case they need to pull out a stuck ball. It is simple to make and works slick! Not that I've used it, haha!

View attachment 179917 View attachment 179916
Very nice indeed! They forgot the sign............FIRST THE POWDER THEN THE BALL!
Thanks for sharing a great idea!
Larry

While I havent dryballed yet I have had a brass brush get stuck. My range rod has a t handle Goes between something like iron fence bars or even a couple of handy posts and then I pull Works great. No cracked stock worries, it is synthetic

Back