• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ram Rod .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The ram rod I got with my gun is junk . Its a Access Heritage French 1733 Sea Service pistol . Who makes a ram rod that actually works . Thanks .

Is it a wood rod? I’m unfamiliar with your gun.
Should it have a wood rod your best bet is a hickory rod from Track of the Wolf, Pecotonic rifles, Jedidiah Starr, Log Cabin or Dixie Gunworks.
If you get a wood rod get one bigger then you need. Take off your pipe and scrape the wood down to fit. Only go a few inch’s are a time. Have it so tight you can barely get it in. Then use a 220 grit sand paper to smooth it. Fit your tips. It’s a quite hour or two.
Oil the rod with a stock oil or Linseed or tung oil. You can even use a furniture wax.
It’s not hc but one of the long short starters works great for loading a pistol.

Can you take another look at what you have and maybe clarify some of the details? I've never hear of "Access Heritage," but there is a seller of imported arms named Military Heritage. Also, are you sure it's a French Sea Service pistol, and not British?

Lots of people here, including myself, would be happy to help, but I think we need more information. Is the rod wood or metal? A picture would help.

If you just need a rod for loading, for an afternoon at the range, a simple straight-grained hardwood dowel that fits easily in the bore would get you shooting. If you want a "correct" rod specifically for that model of pistol, maybe contact the manufacturer or importer and see if they can provide a better replacement for the rod you have.

Notchy Bob

The pistol maybe pictured in his profil that shows above his name when posting. If you double click that image will enlarge.

I just made a new one for my Hawken from ash. Hopefully, it will be OK. As for trimming the ends, I got close with a craft knife then put the end of the rod into my electric drill and span the rod whilst holding a file against the other end to finish it nicely. Give a lazy man a difficult job and he will find a way to make it easier 😉

I just made a new one for my Hawken from ash. Hopefully, it will be OK. As for trimming the ends, I got close with a craft knife then put the end of the rod into my electric drill and span the rod whilst holding a file against the other end to finish it nicely. Give a lazy man a difficult job and he will find a way to make it easier 😉
Sorry I'm playing a guessing game . I thought giving Name , Rank and Serial number of the pistol , Access Heritage French 1733 Sea Service pistol ,, would be enough . What else do y'all need .
Roger That . I'm gonna make one for show . See pic , for what came with the pistol . That rod is so cheap , I wondered if the pistol would shoot without blowing up . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_093931.jpg
    IMG_20200709_093931.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 71
The ram rod I got with my gun is junk . Its a Access Heritage French 1733 Sea Service pistol . Who makes a ram rod that actually works . Thanks .
If the seller is any good, they should replace the rod with a better one with no problem. If they don't I would start to worry about the rest of the purchase.

If the seller is any good, they should replace the rod with a better one with no problem. If they don't I would start to worry about the rest of the purchase.
These guys at Access Heritage out of Canada make non firing weapons. I had to find reputable sources to correctly drill the touch hole. The ram sod provided was for show not loading and it didn't show long . I'm just gonna make one . Thanks

Latest posts

Back