• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Raccoon baculum bone

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ā€œMakes me wonder why old men are spending time typing about male coon parts.ā€

Makes me wonder why you younger guys read whats typed and respond. Must be some interest when you see the topic and read on. He who lives in a glass house ā€¦.. only funnin. Where else can the topic of coon pecker bones get so much traction? Topically, not much ā€œstiffā€ competition?

Patriot
no women are jumping in on this subject? I guess that they don't have this problem?

For you collectors, don't forget to save the ones from your Black bears. Saved my first one back in 86.

I have about thirty of them, offered to make the ol'e lady a necklace, she said thanks but I'll pass.

I caught all of these coons in one year, out of 27 coons caught, 25 were males and 2 were females. Interested to know if anyone else has had the same experienceView attachment 117807

Everybody knows ladies are a lot more canny than us silly gents. They tend to settle for the harder to get but less risky food rather than get trapped.

I have about thirty of them, offered to make the ol'e lady a necklace, she said thanks but I'll pass.

I caught all of these coons in one year, out of 27 coons caught, 25 were males and 2 were females. Interested to know if anyone else has had the same experienceView attachment 117807

our old black and tan, ears in the dog bowl, coon hound must have had an affinity for female coons. when i turned 11 years old they took me for my first hunt and that day i was delegated the responsibility of chief skinner/cleaner. as far as i can remember we only had 3 males to skin and a ton of female. dog was a super cold trail dog and i always wondered if the hot trail or silent dogs put up more male of the species. we hunted that old dog for 15 years before he couldn't run anymore.

just remember when you eat TONGUE, that the animal it came form, licked His or Her's a$$, with it. ever think about that?

just remember when you eat TONGUE, that the animal it came form, licked His or Her's a$$, with it. ever think about that?
i guess one eating sausage in the natural skin could dwell on what went through that earlier. never bothered me, i skin the tongue.

OH. I never thought oh skinning the membrane off of the tongue? does it get rid of the taste? just courious?

all kidding aside tongue is a real treat, and tastes & look's like roast beef/ when I was a kid in toe late forties my father would take me to a bar with him and behind the bar was a jug with LAMB'S tongue's in it & a jar of picketed pigs feet.! and don't forget pickled egged!. any one else remember these items in bars? don't know if one can still get them today? they were all gaggers to a young boy.

i knew a dentist that carried one of those bones sharpened down to make a tooth pick end. i guess it could clean out a touch hole.

When I was a kid there was an oldtimer named Bill Roberts and he always had one in his lunch box to use.
When he was younger he worked in the CCC camps.
Thank you for the memories.

Yes, toot there still available, I do not frequent bars, but you can get the pickled pigs' feet in gallon jars at places like Sam's club, and pickled eggs also although they are the mustard ones, red beet pickled eggs are not that hard to make as a matter of fact there is a gallon jar in the fridge right now. As too the lam tongues never seen them, but they sound good, I like the beef tongue sliced thin on some rye bread with onion and a good spicey mustard, some guys just don't know good eating. Makes for a good sandwich when hunting.

all kidding aside tongue is a real treat, and tastes & look's like roast beef/ when I was a kid in toe late forties my father would take me to a bar with him and behind the bar was a jug with LAMB'S tongue's in it & a jar of picketed pigs feet.! and don't forget pickled egged!. any one else remember these items in bars? don't know if one can still get them today? they were all gaggers to a young boy.
yeah, i remember those at the old bars up in Philly and Trenton when i was a kid. all of them had gallon jugs of pickled eggs and pickled sausage and one bar had a wooden barrel full of big brined pickles with a good coat of scum floating on top of the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back