• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

R N Chadwick flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportster73hp

45 Cal.
Reaction score
i purchased this rifle knowing it had a bad /broken stock. I could find only one internet post about it, hand made in PA in 1960’s to 1973 when the government shut him down. It shoots well and a new stock has been started. My question is, does it have a collector value or is it just a shooter
Thanks

upload_2020-1-24_17-8-10.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of dissembled, this is the only pic i could find and it isn’t finished or full length.
Do you know any more on the builder? I had never heard of him until i bought that one.
Hope Mr Kibler doesn’t fall into the same obscurity.

Kind of dissembled, this is the only pic i could find and it isn’t finished or full length.
Do you know any more on the builder? I had never heard of him until i bought that one.
Hope Mr Kibler doesn’t fall into the same obscurity.
My Best friend is the Grandson of RN Chadwick. He and his father made Muzzleloaders for many years after RN Chadwick retired. I have a .50 caliber Long Rifle made by my friends father that has all Chadwick parts except the Silver Lock.

Attachments

• PXL_20220722_182618008.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220722_182618008.MP.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
My Best friend is the Grandson of RN Chadwick. He and his father made Muzzleloaders for many years after RN Chadwick retired. I have a .50 caliber Long Rifle made by my friends father that has all Chadwick parts except the Silver Lock.
Cool. As you can see I didn’t get much of a response when I inquired with this thread. I did read here or another forum where his daughter gave a brief history of her father.. i did consider contacting her when i was ready to sell but that thread was from about 2010 and I couldn’t find it.

I had never heard of him but would like to see more of his work if anyone could point it out. Any ideas why "the government shut him down"?
Can’t remember the term but atf said he was selling firearms without a license. They later said “oops” and told him he could continue selling . Not sure if he was out of money or just didn’t want to sell kits any more.

Hello, I recently received my late grandfathers flintlock and it has a barrel made by RN Chadwick. I have been trying to find information on this gun but it seems like a jig saw puzzle to find out about a man named Ray Shisler. I am assuming he crossed paths with RN Chadwick at some point because he was based out of Chadds Ford, PA. I also noticed our guns are pretty similar I've included photos. If anybody has any information on Ray Shisler it would mean so much to my family and I as this was my grandpa's prized possession.

Attachments

• IMG_2211.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back