• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Quiver & Bow case

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaBonte

Passed On
Reaction score
This is a pre-1850 quiver and bow case made of heavy brain tanned elk with early Cheyenne style pound bead work. Other deco includes fringe, brass beads, tin cones, horse and human hair. The base of the quiver is made of 5/16" thick neck hide the arrow points from dulling with an outer cover of rawhide to keep the points from poking through.

While not a direct copy it is based on several originals

quiver-2012-palmer-1.jpg

quiver-2012-palmer-2.jpg

quiver-2012-palmer-3.jpg

A belated Christmas gift it's a companion piece to this SW style knife and sheath and Cheyenne style pipe bag ---

wild-goo-2010-28-01.jpg

pipebag-2011-01-1.jpg

Great craftsmanship. Really can appreciate the time it must take to do all that bead work. I would love to see more pics of your rifle in the back ground. Is it posted anywhere on here?

Thanks!!

Very nice work. Looks like a lot of time (and research) went into these. I like 'em!

Chuck, your work always amazes me especially since I tried bead work myself! :idunno:

It takes tons of patience and time, time I got but after breaking a thread, dropping the beads, or the preverbal blood donation for the third time I usually give up!

I can do leather work and do a pretty good rawhide sheath and such but as for bead work,...............well I am beginning to believe that is one of those acquired tastes! :rotf: :rotf:

All funin aside that is awesome work Chuck! :bow:

Thanks for the comments and glad ya'll enjoyed it - I also hope it inspires others...

as for research - 50 years and counting. While I no longer count hours when building the quiver and bow case took about 60 hours estimated

Pale Painter - the gun is not a rifle but a smoothbore built by Tom Stroh (Roy's dad) that I picked up in a trade a couple years ago. It's a 28 bore with a walnut stock, Ed Rayle tapered barrel, Chambers Queen Anne lock, and forged iron hardware. Sorry I don't have full length pics. The tacks were added by me since I like them and as I do an Eastern Indian (Tuscarora like my ancestors) impression who has gone west in the early 1800's. It's a real shooter - on a good day I can get 3-4" groups at 75 yards with a 526" ball, pillow ticking patch, and 80-85 grains 3F and that's without a rear sight which I plan on adding one of these days......

Back