• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Question on seeeing down the barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have seen on here and other places pictures of bp barrels lit up like daylight.I have used small flashlight and even a laser.I know if breech plug was out would work.Non removable breech plug.I am trying to look at a thirty year old barrel that finally has had a conical removed.It stayed that way so long because a puller was screwed in and flat broke off.
I tryed digital flash camera. Solid black output.

I made a light from aluminum tubing, 2 AAA batteries. Put a foil plug in negative end, crimped bulb end to hold and make contact to a flashlight bulb. Just a hair too big for a 45 cal but can thin the tubing so it will fit. Painted the very tip of the bulb black so it doesn't have a glare.

I bought the endoscope, and it is a good unit BUT it doesn't focus on the rifling. Brown fuzz is all I see, and a sharp image of flat breechplug end when I get there. Anyone heard any tips for getting them to work?

some one is usually selling drop in bore lights at about every gun show.

or just google "drop in bore light"

or try a lighted nock if your into modern archery

You can get tweezers with an integral torch, you take the torch out and works for .45 and above, about 2 or 3 dollars off eBay

I bought a six pack of lighted nocks for arrows on amazon for like $12. They work great and will fit as small as a 32 cal rifle. You can turn them on and off and they have a 20 hour battery life each. Should last for years.

Screenshot_20200225-215514.png this is the one that I use

Back