• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question on Pedersoli KY Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered this pistol in kit form. It's the cheaper one with steel front sight and nose cap. 50cal.
I know from holding my friend's pistol (same one) that I am going to have a problem with the sight picture. I'm putting together an order at TOTW and see they have all kinds of front sights available. I'd like to go with a brass or silver blade.

So the question, seeing as how my friend has not shot his:
Does POA=POI at closer distances with the stock sight? Like 25yds and in?

Thanks for any help regarding this pistol and how it shoots with the stock sights.

With stock sights and starting off with a kit build, the front sight should be tall so the point of impact (POI) is below the point of aim (POA). Once the load has been developed, then it is time to determine the relationship between POI and POA and make adjustments. Don't expect the POI to be the POA on a new build.

On a new pistol (or rifle for that matter) the point of impact should be expected to be below the point of aim so the sights can be adjusted so the POI matches the POA of the shooter.

Note: Some cap and ball revolvers are designed for the POI to be above the POA at close distances.

Latest posts

Back