• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

question on mildew on tent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used canvas tents all the time in the scouts. Often we would put them back up with a bit of mildew on them and washed them with white vinegar.
Yes they stained but it never ruined the integrity of he tent. If it was wet when put away we would just re erect in our gardens until properly dry. Well some of us did!
Canvas needs to be bone dry to store but mildew is not the death of a tent, it just needs treating. All my wax cotton jackets, like Britsmoothys, end up a bit affected, but still last years with a bit of care.

Does anyone think about a tent like I do?

A few stains and discoloration makes a tent look like it was used and enjoyed.
A tent without any stains and discoloration looks like it just came out of a store and never saw the light of day. :oops:

'morning,

I agree with Zonie and I like my tent to be well loved, just not purposefully abused. But at the same time, when it comes to mildew, it trips the allergies too badly to put up with it.

Mike

Back