• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question for the "old guys"...Is it just me or are there others?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it was a 400 4 cyl. I had a750 82 kawasaki GPZ had the kick starter and electric start. I could use my hand on the kick starter to start it
My European model BMW R69s had the ubiquitous sideways kick starter, which worked, but did not allow you the same amount of leverage as some others did.

Joan is 76 now bought her a permento green bmw Z3. 2003 James bonds car. But it’s American automatic 1999 but it’s still like new, people always looking at it. Got your USA shitty 1.9 4 cylinder if it was not for the colour we would have sold it for a Z4 auto so top speed only 124 mph or changed to a German 2.2. But a 3 series Diesel engine transplant would be great

Driven in Florida roads got no bends. Come here and they are ting roads bending everywhere I get 23mpg on them , that’s big Rapido in uk mm France like your roads but I get 32 mpg driving in France

my fiat van falling apart. Same age Could not afford a Z4! Paid £8400 for Z3 in 2002 new £24 k Z4 was £14k at the time. Now you can get one for £800.

Always wanted a Harley great groups of bikers charging around love to see them if they act like gentlemen as most do. Gone are the days of thugs on bikes

The red car is a 1989 Audi S2 Quatro I bought for Son off road at moment

We are 76 and me 79 fit as a fiddle I bought the big Rapido for £9 k. As it had superficial damage. Been all over France. Well too old for tents and too poor for hotels. Bit shitty diesel just passed £10 a gallon giving 24 mpg

Love your USA style big V8s and guns 💪

Love from uk. So bikes are allowed on ML forums but not banjos 😅😅😅😅😅

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 0
Joan is 76 now bought her a permento green bmw Z3. 2003 James bonds car. But it’s American automatic 1999 but it’s still like new, people always looking at it. Got your USA shitty 1.9 4 cylinder if it was not for the colour we would have sold it for a Z4 auto so top speed only 124 mph or changed to a German 2.2. But a 3 series Diesel engine transplant would be great

Driven in Florida roads got no bends. Come here and they are ting roads bending everywhere I get 23mpg on them , that’s big Rapido in uk mm France like your roads but I get 32 mpg driving in France

my fiat van falling apart. Same age Could not afford a Z4! Paid £8400 for Z3 in 2002 new £24 k Z4 was £14k at the time. Now you can get one for £800.

Always wanted a Harley great groups of bikers charging around love to see them if they act like gentlemen as most do. Gone are the days of thugs on bikes

The red car is a 1989 Audi S2 Quatro I bought for Son off road at moment

We are 76 and me 79 fit as a fiddle I bought the big Rapido for £9 k. As it had superficial damage. Been all over France. Well too old for tents and too poor for hotels. Bit shitty diesel just passed £10 a gallon giving 24 mpg

Love your USA style big V8s and guns 💪

Love from uk. So bikes are allowed on ML forums but not banjos 😅😅😅😅😅
OMG, $12 US DOLLARS A GALLON FOR DIESEL

Cars, guns, motorcycles and airplanes have held my fascination since I could walk. Been carrying motorcycle wreck scars for 54 years but still ride with my brother now and then. The aforementioned items have sucked up all my spare cash for over a half century 😅 This was the view from my Bombardier's seat in "FiFi", the CAF's Boeing B-29 I flew in last month. "FiFi" is one of only two airworthy examples left. Loafing along at only 200mph it was still burning 400 gallons an hour :eek: BTW that's the famous Norden bombsight minus all the wiring. Got to touch the Enola Gay's fuselage ( a near religious moment) years ago on a special non public tour when it was undergoing restoration at the Air and Space museum's Silver Hill restoration facility, to fly in the nose of one was a dream come true. Murky day but the experience was fantastic.
20220612_140341.jpg

Cars, guns, motorcycles and airplanes have held my fascination since I could walk. Been carrying motorcycle wreck scars for 54 years but still ride with my brother now and then. The aforementioned items have sucked up all my spare cash for over a half century 😅 This was the view from my Bombardier's seat in "FiFi", the CAF's Boeing B-29 I flew in last month. "FiFi" is one of only two airworthy examples left. Loafing along at only 200mph it was still burning 400 gallons an hour :eek: BTW that's the famous Norden bombsight minus all the wiring. Got to touch the Enola Gay's fuselage ( a near religious moment) years ago on a special non public tour when it was undergoing restoration at the Air and Space museum's Silver Hill restoration facility, to fly in the nose of one was a dream come true. Murky day but the experience was fantastic.
. View attachment 147662
that would be like sitting in church for me. definitely a religious experience.

. View attachment 147662
Fantastic! Back in 1997 I took my father(74) on a ride in a B-24 that the Confederate Airforce had at the time, and had stopped in Scottsdale for a tour, fund raiser etc. My father was a decorated WWII wing Commander with 33 missions in B-24's with the Liberandos, 376th Bomb Group. He flew with the famous Killer Kane on the Ploesti Raids (Operation Tidal Wave.) Highest casualty rate of the war! My father remembered where every single control was in the airplane like it was yesterday after over 50 yrs!. They let him sit in the Co-Pilots seat and I thought he was going to cry. Brought back so many memories.

. View attachment 147662
It just does not get any better than that! Lucky you !

I have a 2007 Dyna with 6800 miles on it! It will never get sold.

I foolishly sold my 47 knuckle way long ago, and was out of the game a long time. Getting back in a few years ago I discovered that knuckles had been somehow transformed into unobtanium material and prices were easily in the insane bracket. Pans arent far behind, though i still harbor a strong urge to get one. I had to settle for an 84 low rider for my sidecar geezer adventure bike project. It already had electric start, which my somewhat less than optimal condition body needs now. Even if I never ride it as much as i did long ago, I doubt Ill ever sell it.

Im already starting another shovel project bike, and starting to collect panhead parts to build a 50s style custom. The 84 will also likely have an early pan right case grafted in for the fun factor. If I cant afford a complete pan, I can have half of one and it will still be electric start.

Oh, and back on topic, ive always been a bit weird. I lived in a tipi a couple years off and on in my 20s, and eventually upgraded to various log cabins in my 30s, several of which I built. I love my cabin and relatively simple life. I chose places to live where adventure was right out the door, walking the dog around the place in the evening usually involves a carbine in hand.

IMG_2283 Home.JPG

Last edited:
I foolishly sold my 47 knuckle way long ago, and was out of the game a long time. Getting back in a few years ago I discovered that knuckles had been somehow transformed into unobtanium material and prices were easily in the insane bracket. Pans arent far behind, though i still harbor a strong urge to get one. I had to settle for an 84 low rider for my sidecar geezer adventure bike project. It already had electric start, which my somewhat less than optimal condition body needs now. Even if I never ride it as much as i did long ago, I doubt Ill ever sell it.

Im already starting another shovel project bike, and starting to collect panhead parts to build a 50s style custom. The 84 will also likely have an early pan right case grafted in for the fun factor. If I cant afford a complete pan, I can have half of one and it will still be electric start.
If we only knew then, what we know now!

If we only knew then, what we know now!
No kidding.

I also had about 85% of another 47 knuckle in parts to build a stock original bike from, and about a pickup load of other miscellaneous parts, that whole pile I sold for about $1500 in the mid or late 80s. Last I heard just a knuckle motor (not necessarily in good running condition, just complete) and title was not hard to get $20k for.

Last edited:
I agree. The scary part is that if china cuts off the U.S., we will come to a standstill, just look at what covid did us. Plus, we no longer have the manufacturing capability to sustain a large-scale war.

COVID didn't do much to us. Fear of COVID, whipped up by the Democrat party, and Democrat shutdowns and interference with private business did tremendous damage to the U.S., and this continues.

Last edited:
No kidding.

I also had about 85% of another 47 knuckle in parts to build a stock original bike from, and about a pickup loads of other miscellaneous parts, that whole pile I sold for about $1500 in the mid or late 80s. Last I heard just a knuckle motor (not necessarily in good running condition, just complete) and title was not hard to get $20k for.
Yea Gods and little fishes, I had no idea a Knuckle motor was going for that now :eek: I've missed the $ boat so many times I had to learn to swim😅

Just my 2 cents here. When the kids were young I'm 67+ ,we went out in our yard and picked greens to eat. My kids would ask to gather food that way every week. We had chickens, turkeys ,goats and sheep that we ate. Both my wife and I worked off farm but I always felt the farm kept us grounded. I taught anyone that would listen how to find food in the forest or in their yard. As I get older I am harkening back to years before my time to try to be more self reliant. It just seems to make sense to me, especially, given the current state of affairs we are living thru. I was taught by a neighbor in town when very young what plants I could eat out of the yard. My teacher was a widow who lived thru the Depression and survived that way. Her husband was a dentist and if he worked he was paid by barter. So they often had to rustle grub (living in town), anyway they could. My folks too were depressionera kids that tried very hard to teach me self reliance and frugality, which I had tried to teach our kids to do. So, yes by way of Alaska, I too am yearning for the days gone by as one does for good memories, but I do look to the future and trust the Almighty does have this under control. He does not though ,want us to be uneducated about how his world works and how to have the knowledge to help others. Learning the old ways both to preserve history as well as gaining new skills are very important and from the comments here ,from way back in 2013, seem to indicate we have many fellow travelers on this journey.
My wife and I feel the same way. You are 100% right. Knowing how to do things and where food comes from is good.

Unions had very little to do with the destruction of those Industries. The US steel industry steadfastly refused to modernize their plants. The Trump administration put tariffs on imported steel and US companies raised their prices to match. But that was not enough as US steel companies cancelled plans to modernize their plants.

Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton teamed up and shipped US manufacturing overseas; mostly to China.

Now the US is caught between rock and a hard place as the Chinese communists are saber rattling about taking Taiwan and also threatening Pacific countries.
I would suggest that the idea of China as a competitor is largely an intentional façade. They're more of a corporate poodle dog, and have been for decades. Most major corporations now do the majority of their business there, and it serves as their test bed for things they'd like to implement in the rest of the world. Note that Canada's Trudeau has openly admired the control their system offers.

This isn't a democrat or republican issue -- *both* worked at the behest of US corporate interests to industrialize China. The establishment of tighter regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc) in the US was viewed as a threat by corporate interests, so they organized (see the "Powell Memo" which lays out their game-plan) to fight back, and China was part of that plan.

Zbigniew Brzezinski (who served Carter and Johnson) met with China's leadership in the late 70s along with companies like Bechtel Engineering to help them industrialize and set up a corporate wet-dream where cheap labor ruled and environmental regulations were non-existent. This program continued under all subsequent administrations. As a result of that lack of regulation, China's own government numbers now say that 60% of their groundwater is not only unfit to drink but so contaminated that skin contact is dangerous. 30% of their farmland is too contaminated for food crops (anyone else noticed that we're importing lots of food from them now? I bet I know which land it's grown on!). Cancer is now their leading cause of death.

China has also been the test site for "social credit scoring" that will soon be coming to the US along with digital currencies. Misbehave there (i.e. disobey a lockdown, say something unapproved on social media, or even get caught jaywalking) and your credit score drops. If it drops enough, you can't get on a train or airplane, and find yourself in a personal lock-down.

Suffice it to say that anyone who gets their info from US corporate media (esp. TV) has a seriously misinformed view of the world right now. It's important to governments to maintain that control of our thoughts, which is precisely why Assange has been rotting in Belmarsh for revealing the truth, and Snowden is in exile.

Last edited:
COVID didn't do much to us. Fear of COVID, whipped up by the Democrat party, and Democrat shutdowns and interference with private business did tremendous damage to the U.S., and this continues.
Some in the GOP are playing "good cop" right now, but if you pay attention you'll note that they're never able to go beyond words to real actions, Immigration and healthcare are the same -- never to be resolved, on purpose. Mark my words -- when the Dems get pasted in the next election, our GOP leadership will still be promoting dangerous and ineffective vaccines, endless war, and a whole bunch of other taxpayer fleecing rackets. Note that the covid nonsense all started under Trump, who publicly touted the vaccines as well. Don't fall for the charade and think that the uniparty's right hand is any better than the left one. They're both operated by the same corporate interests.

My father was a truck driver and Teamsters union member. He was beaten half to death by a group of union goons for campaigning for the reform candidates in a union election.

Here in Aussie land down in the State of Victoria theres a Builders labourer dominated Union called the CFMEU, theyre little else than thugs.

Back in the late 80's a Security firm called AURASEC employed serving Army guys (mainly Airborne and SF) who took long service leave and short leave to watch over the non Union building sites the CFMEU were trying to muscle in.

Well our blokes were on hand when the Union thugs tried to storm up an enclosed stair way to gain access to the Bond Centre building in Chifley Square Sydney, we were wielding arm length sheathed copper cables and clubbing the dumb bastards down as they got to the top of the stair way watching them tumble down to the Media cameras below who couldnt film anything we did.
Believe me it was a hoot ?

Some in the GOP are playing "good cop" right now, but if you pay attention you'll note that they're never able to go beyond words to real actions, Immigration and healthcare are the same -- never to be resolved, on purpose. Mark my words -- when the Dems get pasted in the next election, our GOP leadership will still be promoting dangerous and ineffective vaccines, endless war, and a whole bunch of other taxpayer fleecing rackets. Note that the covid nonsense all started under Trump, who publicly touted the vaccines as well. Don't fall for the charade and think that the uniparty's right hand is any better than the left one. They're both operated by the same corporate interests.
Well said, I couldn't agree more.

I politely disagree with your view on vaccines. History has shown your view to be incorrect and frankly, asinine. Vaccines have helped eradicate Polio, TB, Whooping Cough and numerous other diseases.T hey also prevented people from contracting many other tropical type diseases like Dengue Fever, Beri Beri etc. Constantly ranting about the great conspiracies and how vaccines are evil helps no one. (IMHO) and Yes, I have had all 4 covid shots. Amazing I am still alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back