• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Question - Cimarron BP revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, percussion caps used to come in a container marked "centerfire". Cap and ball revolvers are centerfire guns, not muzzleloaders. They are discussed on the Forum because they existed at the same time as muzzleloading caplock rifles, and were in general use.( Or so memory serves. I don't have time to look up the Rule and lose what I've written.) The conversion cylinders fire modern, brass cased cartridges with self contained centerfire primers, which is why they are not discussed here.

JamesA, the Cimmaron convertible sounds like a fun, useful revolver. If you want it, buy it.

Richard/Grumpa

here is an example. Look at this cap tin in Griswold and Gunnison cased set.
1DDA2A2B-6CCC-433F-8A87-C798DFD70A71.jpeg

I read where the guy behind Cimarron specifies the particulars of the guns he's having made, and even has a desk in at least one of the mfgrs. for when he visits. Cool!

Yes, and Sears Roe Buck made the same sort of claims back in the day.Great stories those salesman told. Sears had a special inspector at Marlin to stop around the production floors and crack the whip at any sub standard Sears marked guns...c

Yes, and Sears Roe Buck made the same sort of claims back in the day.Great stories those salesman told. Sears had a special inspector at Marlin to stop around the production floors and crack the whip at any sub standard Sears marked guns...c
The success of, and product line offered by, Cimmaron, is proof enough that the mfgr. tweaks the product to set it apart from the run-of-the-mill offerings. That is kind of funny, though, some guy from Sears in a polyester tie and eye-shade visor haunting the production line at Marlin like character from a Dickens novel!

I bought a group of cap & ball revolvers for a song to start in BP. They came with two of those improved cylinders, one for the Walker & the other for a Remington (IIRC, haven't been home to see them in a long time), both new. Anyway, it seemed counterproductive to switch them out. I bought the revolvers to shoot cap & ball & I have others for other things. I'll probably end up selling both cylinders.

I bought a group of cap & ball revolvers for a song to start in BP. They came with two of those improved cylinders, one for the Walker & the other for a Remington (IIRC, haven't been home to see them in a long time), both new. Anyway, it seemed counterproductive to switch them out. I bought the revolvers to shoot cap & ball & I have others for other things. I'll probably end up selling both cylinders.
I would be interested in that Walker cylinder. PM me if you decide to sell it.

I live smack in town and all the surrounding land is plantation property that is privately owned. You can’t even clean a gun on your porch without getting the law called on you by neighbors.

Yeah, I’m a native Texan but living in Thomasville Georgia, so in Texas you can shoot just about everywhere. Here you got Victorian era houses in close proximity. I’ve only shot one gun in my collection. An old 16 gauge pump shotgun that was handed down to me. It was in bad shape but I restored it. I have included a picture of the one time I shot bird shot through my window when it went off quite by accident while trying to unload it. That trigger needed some work. Coincidentally there was an attempted auto burglary in progress at the time. I doubt they will be back soon. I’m so glad nobody got hurt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back