• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pyrodex Cleaning issues?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew I made a mistake. Didn't know you needed an adaptor. Only got them because I couldn't find #11 caps.
got all my other supplies. will probably return the primers and hold off until I can get the #11s and maybe a backup can of black powder. thanks for the help
Unfortunately, I think you're stuck with those primers as mostly all dealers won't accept returns for ammunition and such.

Last edited:
Just made the leap and picked up a .50 cal. Investarms sidelock. haven't shot it yet.
I bought the Hodgdon Triple Se7en FFG and a pack of Winchester Triple Se7en 209 primers. Did I do the right thing? don't yell at me it was all I could get:)
I think I might be the devil's advocate on this, but I also bought A new percussion this spring and use almost entirely 777. Works fine, easy to clean up, takes Less powder to shoot For the same velocity, and I can buy it many places. I did shoot some pyrodex And it gave no problem, but I had more 777 on hand and now I went and bought more.
I did drill the nipple out to .033 hole with a wire bit that size. Somewhere in research I read that the original hole of .028 would not work reliably with 777.I never tried it with black before I started, but I tried it with black after I got done and it seemed to work fine. I don't load heavy anyway, I'm lucky to shoot 50 to 80 balls a year and if I'm really lucky 100. I bought two new stainless steel nipples to experiment with, so when the first one goes bad, if it ever does for me, I have another one to use. I just use regular percussion caps made by Remington at first and now, I think I'm using CCI. Loading up to 55 or 60 grains, I do not have a hammer rebound effec
t.

Back