• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Put Together Two Band 1861 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is an overall nice 1861 Springfield two band rifle with a mixture of original and repro parts. First, the original parts. VP Eagle stamped 33" barrel with an excellent mirror bore, E. ROBINSON NEW YORK 1864 dated lock, US marked buttplate (could use better fitting), triggerguard, barrel bands, and ramrod. The repro parts are stock, with some minor bumps, and rear sight. The perfect reenactor gun for those 1864-65 battles! $650 + Shipping. NOTE: Not counting barrel and stock, there is over $1000 worth of parts in this gun, per the Lodgewood webpage..
IMG_20220708_160337142.jpg
IMG_20220708_154630902.jpg
IMG_20220708_154645825.jpg
IMG_20220708_154656907.jpg
IMG_20220708_154727523.jpg
IMG_20220708_154736973.jpg
IMG_20220708_154513293.jpg
IMG_20220708_154546546.jpg
IMG_20220708_154745463.jpg
IMG_20220708_155452418.jpg

Last edited:
I've registered an account with the forum just to post here... Sir do you happen to have a full length 1861 Springfield in similar condition? ive been looking for one as it's one of the very few muskets used in Taiping Heavenly Kingdom war during the Qing Dynasty 1853-1864. Thank you.

I've registered an account with the forum just to post here... Sir do you happen to have a full length 1861 Springfield in similar condition? ive been looking for one as it's one of the very few muskets used in Taiping Heavenly Kingdom war during the Qing Dynasty 1853-1864. Thank you.
I just sold a replica by Armi Sport. Do not have a three band original. For a rollicking read on the Taiping war I suggest "Flashman and the Dragon." Heck, I recommend the entire Flashman series.

They are popular in the North South skirmish ass. as shooters. I think that would be your biggest market. I don't believe reenactors can use them as there is no proof 2 banders were ever made for the service. They have a web site with a for sale forum. Good luck.

They are popular in the North South skirmish ass. as shooters. I think that would be your biggest market. I don't believe reenactors can use them as there is no proof 2 banders were ever made for the service. They have a web site with a for sale forum. Good luck.
Sending in an individual application today.

This rifle appears to have the tall, "target shooter" front sight, which is what you want for serious target shooting. The issued sights on these rifle muskets were made low, to allow mounting a socket bayonet, but in actual firing they were notorious for shooting high.

After handling, disassembling, and reassembling a couple of original Springfields and a couple of Italian reproductions, I can tell you unequivocally that the original locks are better in every way than the reproductions.

It looks to me as if this rifle has been set up for competition rather than reenactment, and it is being offered at a very good price.

I have no connection whatsoever with @BigSkyRambler , and I apologize if anything I said was out of line. I just wanted to offer a couple of objective comments regarding a type of rifle that interests me.

Best regards to all concerned,

Notchy Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back