• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pulled the trigger today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I am the proud owner of my first flintlock. It came in yesterday. Has flint installed and now just waiting (ordered last night) for my 45 cal accessories to arrive.
Yes, I held off to order other needs for it until I had it in hand, I'm like that. My 54 and 58 cal accessories don't like the 45, and also need to pick up locally a 22 cal brush and mop for the breech.
We're on our way.....

Excellent Henry! It's great it all worked out for you.
Now the fun begins. You need to get enough rounds down the tube to get it broke in good.
Mine loves 3F Old Ensford powder in barrel and pan.
It also loves teenagers that want a round or two shooting it, and I freely share.
Take some pics!

Well, I’m disappointed. Not in the rifle but not being able to get to the range to shoot my new flinter. I have cleaned it so many time being house bound with local ranges closed. How’s it in your part of the country, all ranges closed also? Oh well, they say the anticipation is half the fun,,, or is that something else....

I don't know why an outdoor range would be closed, people can stay 6 feet apart and it's good to be outside, I own a range and it has been very quiet, had one person on the rifle range yesterday and one on one of the pistol bays the day before and that's it for two weeks, go figure.

I have a Pedersoli 50 cal., I've had it for over 20 years and it was old when I got it. Mine does not have a patent breech, I found that out when I replaced the touch hole liner years ago. I coned the inside of the liner myself. It amazed some friends at how fast the gun would fire. My load was 70 gr. of 3 F, I would not be afraid to shoot it at 100 yds. I also changed the rear sight to one that I could see. the lock failed a couple of years back and I went to a smoothbore, as I could not find a lock that would fit. I finally found a lock off of a Ultra-Hi harpers Ferry pistol. Not he best but it fits with some expansion of the lock mortice. you have a piece that will serve you well, congratulations.

Latest posts

Back