• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PROPER LOAD FOR A DERRINGER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This old post brings back some memories, not all good though. I had a CVA bounce back at me. It wasn't a deringer or any real gun though. It was the CVA Naval Cannon (44 caliber). Here I've been blaming it on light loads and hard wheelweight balls. Seems others have had the experience of a ball whizzing past their head.

I have two of the CVA Derringers that I built - an older one and a newer one. The newer one has a chunkier stock that is less elegant. I have an Old Ironsides cannon too. A hoot to shoot, but it tumbles all over the place.

.There is still something to learn from old posts I would not feel bad replying to one. :thumb:
thank you, I as noted feel the same. old posts if you have not seen them and am interested in the subject matter, respond!

not sorry, I just had to post. isn't the saying old is better? seems tat you enjoyed chiming in till you saw the date of the post. LOL.
If I have learnt anything from my beloved wife it’s that having the last word is a good thing... depending... and it’s never too late to have the last word.
If I owned one of these I’m thinking 50 grains of 3f and a round ball right at dusk as a salute to the end of the day...

WOW! 50 GRS. how did you get that much powder in a 1 1/2 '' barrel? and on top a RB. scary! not for me. now I know where the term HAND CANNON, comes from.

Back