• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Professional Custom Built 4 Bore Elephant Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recoil is in your mind.
I am 18 yr massive heart attack patient. Afib is my friend. 2nd pacemaker installed, told them put it on HIGH PERFORMANCE....... doc says no live 20 yrs after.....I've got 1 yr, 9 months and 22 days.....left, if I get that far.
Point is, if I fire it with no problem, you can to.
I use a Past super magnum recoil pad. No pain just recoil.
LIVE WHILE YOU CAN
NO complaining now.......

If you really read about the hunter with the flinch, he deserves it, his loads were ridiculous...almost.
His gun handlers called it JENAB AL MUFTAH.... "child of a cannon"..... you aren't scared of a CHILD are you?...

These guns will run you 4750 to over 5k with a 2 to 3 year waiting list...
I offer a like new gun, even the breech plug is shiney clean, with three moulds for way under them.
It's a sweet deal, if you're not scared......

Awesome in every respect....
I know it doesn't recoil, but they are already trying to sell me a shoulder replacement.
Anyone who is even thinking about such a rifle better snap it up. You doubtfully will see another.

I'd love it, can't afford it. Would love to see some holes that thing punched in anything if there was anything left of what you hit. Bet it sounds nasty as hell also.

in the bush a percussion gun is and would be very much more reliable on dangerous game than a flinter. say a charging bull elephant! yes I know under the right circumstances that a flinter can also kill them. JMHO.
Toot, I completely agree, my comment about I would take it if it was a flinter was actually meant to be a joke... However I am now curious about a huge bore Jaeger rifle. I think I heard somewhere that sometimes they had 8 gauge bores.

Last edited:
This is a Classified Ad. If you folks want to start a seperate thread to discuss 4 bore flintlocks, please do it in the flintlock section of the forum. The only thing that we should be talking about in this ad is the gun being offered.

When you shoot it, does the smoke look like a mushroom cloud? I would imagine that the smoke would resemble Waterloo in mid-battle. What a great gun!!

Bill Raby is building one and has videos on You Tube, It's going to be a Flinter!

Holy Smokes! I knew an old timer that was engaged to harden up some .82 bore for a person in Ft Collins, CO ("uncle Paul" has passed away since) he told me that the guy had shot a Rino with it and the round went through both shoulders. Now that's some fire power... I'm sure this would do like justice.

Pics were online.
Looks like inexperience or lack or being serious....
4bore with 450 grains powder.....
An experienced shooter handles it much better...
Personally, I like 475 grains........with 2,131 grain ball-conical........

Attachments

• 20200902_152549.jpg
    20200902_152549.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 20200902_152613.jpg
    20200902_152613.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 167
Seems a traditional English Sporting Rifle to me, sold as such, with a tad of Lt James Forsyth 1860s included..... (smart rifling) look October country.....
Blk shoots softer then nitro to the shooter..
Nice rifle, very solid. L&R Alexander Henry lock with Drip Bar so if parts ever needed, easy to find... but it's newish so no parts needed, maybe in the next 150 yrs....
Think I go shoot it this week.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back