• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Problems with TVM fowler vent.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tg said:
It has nothing to do with PC/HC or what oparts are cosideerd right or wrong just the curtousy of disclosuer of the information required to make an imtelligent choice when comparing the barious suppliers/builders products nearly anyone ordering a fowler even if not interestd in pc/HC would probably excpect a barrel with a taper just from the photos shown and general chat about guns so what on earth could be a problem by mentioning that a particular makers barrel is differnt from what is considerd to be the norm or standard . we all know the answer but most refuse to say it, that Riover in Africa is a long one and I have had enough of this foolishness as it has been spun so far and fast that you could weave a capote out of it and it has definately opened my eyes to the general mindset of the forum about having an open and honest approach to dealing with customers, enjoy the journey guys, I believe you all to be in fine company.

'Bye

There are 3-4 on the MLF who think the entire rest of the world should agree with their personal little view of things...then when the rest of the world doesn't, they pout and threaten that they're going to leave the MLF.

The really bad news is that they never leave...

:rotf:

There are 3-4 on the MLF who think the entire rest of the world should agree with their personal little view of things..
Have you ever consider that maybe those 3-4 are the only ones that have educated themselves to a high level of what is authentic and what is not? Maybe they're just talking over everybody else s head and the entire rest of the world isn't educated enough to know it. :hmm:

Mike Brooks said:
Have you ever consider that maybe those 3-4 are the only ones that have educated themselves to a high level of what is authentic and what is not? Maybe they're just talking over everybody else s head and the entire rest of the world isn't educated enough to know it. :hmm:
That's one possibility. There are others:

"In colloquial usage, one who overestimates one's own abilities, talents, stature or situation is sometimes said to have 'delusions of grandeur'. This is generally due to excessive pride, rather than any actual delusions." Wikipedia

Spence

Mike Brooks said:
There are 3-4 on the MLF who think the entire rest of the world should agree with their personal little view of things..

Amen :hmm:

George said:
Mike Brooks said:

"In colloquial usage, one who overestimates one's own abilities, talents, stature or situation is sometimes said to have 'delusions of grandeur'. This is generally due to excessive pride, rather than any actual delusions." Wikipedia

Spence
Seeing that you quoted the brooks guy reminds me of why I put him on ignore a couple years ago...life is too short to waste time with those kinds of attitudes...your reply sums it up perfectly.

George said:
Mike Brooks said:

Spence
You are suggesting then that those 3-4 are over reaching their capabilities?
What's really sad is there used to be a dozen highly qualified experts here. They're all long gone now due to all the grief the uneducated gave them. The real conversations on most of the important subjects take place through phone calls and emails, cutting the trouble makers out of the loop completely.

The really bad news is that they never leave...

Thats probably a good thing, without guys like TG, Brooks, Pierce, Capt. Jas., Jerry Huddleston, etc. that visit these forums and give their time, this place would be clogged up with self serving turbo posters.

Kinda like the ALR site, notice how the majority of the good guys just kinda quit adding their useful information.

They get tired of trying to educate the new folks while fending off the "who cares crowd"

A student of the Longrifle has to spend a considerable amount of time filtering through the useless posts to get to the quality information.

Mike Brooks said:

I think you are right Mike. There are a number of people who are happy to declaim the value of their opinions to the detriment of others. Said opinions are of little use to those trying learn as well as to those who try to teach something that will benefit all, whether collectors, historians or shooters. As long as they are happy with where they are they don't feel the need to allow anyone else to increase their enjoyment of the hobby by learning something new. Their motto? "What I do works and that is good enough for me and should be for you too!" Or put more simply "I am a firm believer in :bull: !"

I have to say, that is one "ignore list" you can be happy, no proud, to be on.

What scares me is how old most of us are here (mid fities fer me). I mean geeze, what would you guys look like having this same discussion over coffee in a diner?

'Cept fer me of course, who remains uncommonly attractive for my age.

Birdwatcher said:
What scares me is how old most of us are here (mid fities fer me). I mean geeze, what would you guys look like having this same discussion over coffee in a diner?

How would we look? Depends on whether we put our teeth back in before the picture is taken. This is me with the teeth.... :grin:

(Talk about "uncommonly attractive for my age.") :haha:

Birdwatcher said:

I suspect I wouldn't be welcome unless muzzled. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back