• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Problems with TVM fowler vent.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup,

I could not agree more, its all about the education and less about the money.

Thanks

:v

The big problem here is a sacred maker has been disparaged. Thou shall not disparage a sacred maker. :nono: :haha:
Glad it's TVM and not me you all have your scalping knives out for! :grin:

I think we have a "sacred maker" on this very forum; No disparaging, now. :nono:

Actually, I'm with you guys; I'm tired of these "semi-custom" makers taking business from our experts. I say "grab your sickles, pitchforks and rakes - I'll furnish the flaming tapers - and let's storm the lair of this dangerous semi-custom maker.

hanshi said:
I think we have a "sacred maker" on this very forum; No disparaging, now. :nono:

Actually, I'm with you guys; I'm tired of these "semi-custom" makers taking business from our experts. I say "grab your sickles, pitchforks and rakes - I'll furnish the flaming tapers - and let's storm the lair of this dangerous semi-custom maker.
I'm sure TVM would take issue with your "semi custom" description. They build guns the same way I do, one at a time,to the customer's specs, nothing semi custom about that.

Free enterprise. Let those who buy decide what they want. Our nation is based on freedoms. Freedoms that we are loosing everday. Look at freedoms we lost since 9/11. Now I wouldn't want anybody direct what is to be on the market, taking my choices away. Call me an idiot if I don't buy the epitome of guns.
But never argue with an idiot, those watching may not be able to figure which one the idiot is.
This post is not directed at any individual. I'm just shooting my mouth off because it looks like fun and I didn't want to be left out. :doh:

Smoothflinter,
I've been sitting on the sideline and listening to all of this B-sh-t and I have to agree with you about "arguing with an idiot".
Mark

I still cannot believe that so many folks see no fault with a builder who does not disclose a type of gun part that they routinely use that is not the norm for the industry and expect a newcommer to know all the questions to ask to get a properly made gun by current industry standards and just what would be an honest, non self serving reason for any builder to not make this information a regular part of their gun decription? Unless they are ashamed of the usages of such parts and fear a loss of sales should the facts be known.I can see no valid resaon to omiot such information considering how much ink thet spend on some really way out in left field write ups ( translates to major BS) about the history of some of their products, and why do so many folks give such glowing recomendations on a builders guns who use such parts? are they just out to screw a fellow ML shooter who is buying his first gun or do they just not know anymore thna the beginner does? and rely on very limited knowledge and an admiration for low end products from a correct parts stanpoint? one does not really have to think to hard about this one to come up with the most likley answers...unless one happens to own a gun from one of the builders in question and does not want to admit the facts about their level of knowledge when they made the purchase.

After a while the truth wins out, and cream always rises to the top.

Overall seems like this hobby is still moving forwards, with product standards way above what they once were.

Seems that way to me anyhow.

There are a lot of great builders out there with near museum quality specimens. I encourage them to continue building such beautiful guns for us to enjoy viewing, and for some of us that can afford to own one. Its good also, in my opinion, that there are also some that can produce guns that are less expensive. And to go further, that there are "production" guns for some of us that want to get into it and thats the best way they can.
Personnally, I built my own. Bought a piece at a time and made some parts. It was the best I could do at the time.

Picked this up recently, LH Trade Gun in the white, amazing what a bit of taper does for the overall handling characteristics.

62 cal 36" .626 bore diameter
IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

Just catching up on this continuing saga...the situation is obvious and it's strictly a buyer beware situation. The illogical logic being pushed here is analogous to insisting that T/C, Traditions, Cabela's Hawken, et al, have all their customers sign a form acknowledging that they've been told the modern mass produced "Hawken" model sidelock is not really an exact replica of an original Hawken.
Ludicrous.

It's no different for TVM, Caywood, North Star West, etc...they make products and none are advertised as exact replicas of some specific PC/HC original...you shop around, find something you like and buy it...no different than buying a car.

This whole saga is nothing more than a scenario where a Volkswagon was bought and the Volkswagon dealer didn't happen to mention that it was not an Indy 500 car...then 2.5 years later attending an Indy race the buyer finds out his car isn't the car that "he assumed" it was.

After burning up all this bandwidth, hopefully a buyer has a better understanding of where the responsibility for a purchase truly lies and owns it.

:thumbsup:

It's no different for TVM, Caywood, North Star West, etc...they make products...you shop around, find something you like and buy it...no different than buying a car.
These companies make a set of muzzleloaders and none are advertised as exact replicas of some specific PC/HC original.

Good point. I feel certain that back in the day there were individuals who built a few guns similar to what they had seen by well known makers. e.g. it is not hard to surmise someone in St. Louis had seen some Hawken rifles and built one, or more, similar but not identical. Should they be scorned by endless rantings because they were 'not authentic'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back