• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Primitive biathalons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these held anywhere else? I'm not particularly interested in a winter biathlon using snow shoes, but a timed woods "walk" running event would certainly interest me.
We just had the fall warmup at the Pemi. As you can see by the below table the calendar isn't up to date so it would be best to email the contacts to see if there's anything prior to 2022.

Smugglers' Notch Primitive Biathlon and Calendar of Northeast Primitive Biathlons

2021 Primitive Biathlons in the Northeast​

Status Unknown​
Shandaken
Primitive Biathlon​
Upper Escopus Fish and Game Club
Oliveria, NY​
Postponed to 2022​
Lamoille Valley Primitive Biathlon​
Lamoille Valley Fish and Game Club
Morrisville, VT​
Postponed to 2022​
Southern Vermont
Primitive Biathlon​
Skinner Hollow Farm, Manchester, VT​
Eric Severence
[email protected]
802-362-2666
www.svtpb.org
Postponed to 2022​

Pemi Primitive Biathlon
former Dalton PB​
Pemi Fish & Game, Holderness, NH​
Robert Lindemann
802-229-2062
[email protected]
www.pemi.org
Postponed to 2022​
Wabanaki Run Primitive Biathlon​
Caledonia Forest and Stream Club,
St. Johnsbury, VT​
Postponed to 2022​
St. Lawrence Valley Primitive Biathlon​
St. Lawrence Valley Sportsman's Club
Lisbon, NY​
Fred Hanss
315-212-6213
[email protected]
Status Unknown​
Cheshire County Primitive Biathlon​
Cheshire County Fish & Game Club
Keene, NH​

Thanks @wbwilly I will certainly have to do that, like I mentioned I knew about snowshoeing, but never a walk/run event, that has me really interested. I'm definitely going to investigate further, plus looking at some of them looks like you could run a few heats if you wanted, smooth bore/rifle/pistol etc. Sounds like a fun take.

Thanks @wbwilly I will certainly have to do that, like I mentioned I knew about snowshoeing, but never a walk/run event, that has me really interested. I'm definitely going to investigate further, plus looking at some of them looks like you could run a few heats if you wanted, smooth bore/rifle/pistol etc. Sounds like a fun take.
You're Welcome. I'm not into snowshoeing either but I may buy a small set just for another excuse to go out. I'm older, short and fat and out of shape so it will be a challenge but the trails will be packed snow unless it snowed the night before and I shouldn't need a larger heavy set of shoes.

I don't run anywhere so I just walk with a buddy and enjoy the shooting. At Pemi they had the smallish 6x6" targets for the timed event and larger pumpkin shaped targets for the walking just for fun targets or for use with a pistol in the timed event. I always enter the timed event cuz I want to shoot at the smaller targets and I'm not out to compete with anyone ;)

Not to bring this back from the dead, any woods walk, or summer/fall competitions anywhere? Went back on the sites that were mentioned in this thread and wasn't able to find anything/updated event calendars.

Not to bring this back from the dead, any woods walk, or summer/fall competitions anywhere? Went back on the sites that were mentioned in this thread and wasn't able to find anything/updated event calendars.
The Niantic, CT Sportsmen's Club is having a Hawaiian Shirt line shoot on 7/31 from 9-1. Check out their web page for info.

The Autumnal Equinox is tonight and sounds like a good frost this weekend as well. With the cooler and shorter days ahead, a month from today, on Saturday, October 22, 2022, Joe and I will again be having our Fall Pemi Primitive Biathlon Warm Up. This will be a low key event, you can go thru the course ”on the clock”, go thru the as a group on a woods walk, and once again there will be some steel pumpkins scattered among the targets to help celebrate Halloween. This is a good opportunity to bring along a new shooter to introduce them to Primitive Biathlon, try out a new rifle or pistol, and of course get in shape for Deer Season.

Registration will begin at 9:00 in the Clubhouse. We would ask that all participants be on the course by noon, and will have the usual assortment of “Road Kill Crockpots” in the kitchen for lunch, and always welcome others to bring things to put on the table as well. If you plan to attend, please let us know so he have an idea of how many to expect.

We hope you can join us,

Bob Lindemann
Joe Morris
http://pemi.org/http://pemi.org/directions

The Autumnal Equinox is tonight and sounds like a good frost this weekend as well. With the cooler and shorter days ahead, a month from today, on Saturday, October 22, 2022, Joe and I will again be having our Fall Pemi Primitive Biathlon Warm Up. This will be a low key event, you can go thru the course ”on the clock”, go thru the as a group on a woods walk, and once again there will be some steel pumpkins scattered among the targets to help celebrate Halloween. This is a good opportunity to bring along a new shooter to introduce them to Primitive Biathlon, try out a new rifle or pistol, and of course get in shape for Deer Season.

Registration will begin at 9:00 in the Clubhouse. We would ask that all participants be on the course by noon, and will have the usual assortment of “Road Kill Crockpots” in the kitchen for lunch, and always welcome others to bring things to put on the table as well. If you plan to attend, please let us know so he have an idea of how many to expect.

We hope you can join us,

Bob Lindemann
Joe Morris
http://pemi.org/http://pemi.org/directions
Going to try to make it to this one.

Latest posts

Back