• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Primer horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me to make him a primer horn. This is my first one I made. I flattened it. The brass plug in back is removable to fill the horn. It was made out of a brass bolt and nuts. The wood is curly maple. Let me know what you think. I'm still learning how to build and carve them. I welcome all criticism.

Attachments

• 20210925_190158.jpg
    20210925_190158.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 218
Looks good. I like the scrim. You really do not need a fill hole at the plug end. Just unscrew the brass plunger thingy and fill from front. Works for me.
That was the original plan to just unscrew that, I must of bought the only one that didn't unscrew. So the fill hole in the back was plan B. I didn't even know they made one that didn't unscrew.

Back