• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

primer carry

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1D71EC70-4BA9-4A15-97F5-EF367E3E2AF1.jpeg 17F64D06-F106-4EE4-8ADA-4C13EA6418CB.jpeg 4BE369FA-7D95-44D3-A2AB-7FA2BBCD7798.jpeg Lots of options from store bought to homemade, I mostly use the straight line capper shown for my percussion rifles,

whats the best way to carry # 11 primers to the woods? not many, maybe 1/2 dozen
I have a capper like the first one Dave shows. It worked well and once filled, minimized the manipulations required to shoot the gun.

just thinkin about trash gerring in them. I like the strap leather like the post above. hadn't thought about the inline, i been out of it about 30 yrs

My snail capper works really well. Holds 100 caps, keeps em clean and works on my C&B revolvers as well.

My fingers are huge and this allows my fangers to not fumble around and drop em ... lil nipple huggers anyway. Cold weather be hanged!

I use speed loader when deer hunting ( not PC). Holds 1 ball or conical/patch or wad/powder/2 caps. 2 caps, for the one that falls in the snow, or the misfire. They still fall in the snow, but no misfires since I've read things here..........

They are like the CVA ones, but hold two caps. I think butler creek used to make them?

There’s been made reference to a cap horn in the past. Can’t member we’re I read on them, but it’s just the tip of a cow’s horn so made in the fashion of a tiny pocket powder horn, yet filled with percussion caps. One of them forgotten things. One could easily be made and would be unique.

I use a small plastic vial or capper or speed loader. Just depends on which rifle I am using

Fleener

Back