• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD PRICE REDUCTION Original Percussion 16Ga. Double Barrel Shotgun Exceptional Shape

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have for sale a really nice entirely shootable 16Ga. percussion shotgun. This is a high quality gun that was well cared for over the years. I am going to speculate ,based on the locks, that it is Germanic in origin. It is not signed nor are there proof marks on the barrel. The only markings as shown appear to be assembly marks. The barrels are in very good shape with only specs of possible corrosion in the bores, the nipples are in good shape and easily removeable. The locks are in great shape externally and internally the only flaw is a replacement hammer screw on the right side which while functional does lack visual appeal. The locks are a bit unusual in that they do not have half cock notches. They do have takedown ledges that hold the hammers just above the nipples so the barrels can be removed for cleaning. This is necessary in that with the barrels removed the hammers could go forward enough that the mainsprings go below the lockplate.
The gun weighs 6&1/2lbs is 44in OAL has a LOP of 13&3/4 to front trigger the barrel length is 28in and the drop at the heel is 1&1/2in.
I am asking $850 plus shipping anywhere in the CONUS it is legal to ship to. Payment by postal money order or personal check with time to clear.
PRICE REDUCED TO $750 + shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    312.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This would be a great field gun. Looks very well made and in great shape. Sorry I don't need another one. Bump for a nice shotgun.

Reactions: smo
Could you post some photos of the stock with barrels removed and the takedown ledges, and of the inside of the barrels? Thank you!

Could you post some photos of the stock with barrels removed and the takedown ledges, and of the inside of the barrels? Thank you!
I do not have the equipment to photo the inside of the barrels. If you would pm me with what specifically you want to see about the stock with barrels removed and what interests you about the takedown ledges I will try to accomodate you.

Couple of questions:

I don't understand the "ledge" to keep the hammers above the nipples for take-down. It's not a notch (like half-cock)? With the locks in place, how can the mainspring relax and extend below the lock?

What is the bore diameter? Any indication of choke?

Is the butt pretty much flat? Can it be extended with a cap or pad? 13 3/4 is awful short for me.

Good looking and nice weight!

Thanks!

Couple of questions:

I don't understand the "ledge" to keep the hammers above the nipples for take-down. It's not a notch (like half-cock)? With the locks in place, how can the mainspring relax and extend below the lock?

What is the bore diameter? Any indication of choke?

Is the butt pretty much flat? Can it be extended with a cap or pad? 13 3/4 is awful short for me.

Good looking and nice weight!

Thanks!
The ledges are on the tumbler further forward than a half cock notch would be and hold the hammers just above the nipples so the barrels can be rotated upward and clear the nipples for dissasembly. With the barrels out and the hammer off ledge the mainspring will rest of the wood of the inlet or below the lockplate if the lock was not in its inlet. The hammers would also be too far forward to be able to insert the hooks of the breach as they would interfere with the nipples. The butt is pretty flat and you might be able to use a slip on pad.

I see you said 1 1/2" Drop @ heel. Can you confirm that, and what it drop @ comb?

Do you have the actual bore dimension(s)? Any indication of chokes?

Have you shot this?

I'm trying to determine if I could shoot this successfully based on dimensions and what components would be needed.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back