• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Price of Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On my way from WA to MT I checked a couple of places, one in CDA the other a Walmart in Smelterville, ID. The CDA, ID place had caps but at about $12/100, I called and spoke to the gun counter for pricing. At the Walmart they were $5.62/100 but out of stock and the counterman said he'd have ordered more but it sounded like Walmart has an allocation of some type where store can't order added quantities.

What is it that could possibly make percussions cap cost 6 cents each let alone 12 cents? Pretty frustrating.

There is one shop local to me that has a good supply of #11 caps. I was buying Remington caps for $9 a tin until they ran out. Now all they have are CCI Magnums for $11 a tin. It sucks, but we burn through a lot of them with our 4-H group, so we'll keep buying them.

Yes, I remember when I paid about $4 a pound for powder and caps were almost nothing. Now I'm buying Swiss powder for close to $30 a pound, caps are over $100 per thousand, and flints are $25-$30 a dozen. It stinks - but - I get to go shoot. I have some unmentionables that I haven't seen ammo for in a lonnnngggg time.

Vista Outdoors own both Remington Ammunition and CCI. Bass Pro in Branson, Mo. had both - $13.99 for 11's, $12.99 for 10's. Bought CCI #10's at Graf's Saturday for $9.29. Remington's about the same price. It sucks, but no other stores I've been to had ANY at any price.

Frustrating to see firearms (pick one) for sale at stupid high prices for which there is absolutely no ammunition available. Many "unmentionable" calibers were one-time-a-year runs in normal times. Same thing for bullet molds ..some we'll never see produced again ..ever ...by major companies. If you need something, get it when you are able. Happy time is over.

$5.32 is a great price at Walmart. Most places are selling them for $12.99/tin or even higher.
I've even read where some shooters are paying $25.00 per tin.
I've bought lots of CCI's for $5.32 and will continue too when I find them.
I bought 55 tins of CCI's for $5.00 a tin ( $275.00 ) 12-14 months ago in a pawn shop over in the next town.
For those that will accuse me of hoarding...I left 20 tins for others.
Pawn shops are the best place to look these days......

At least it's not as bad as G*nBroker.

image_2022-10-18_213201234.png

Yes, I remember when I paid about $4 a pound for powder and caps were almost nothing. Now I'm buying Swiss powder for close to $30 a pound, caps are over $100 per thousand, and flints are $25-$30 a dozen. It stinks - but - I get to go shoot. I have some unmentionables that I haven't seen ammo for in a lonnnngggg time.
The cheapest I remember powder here in Alberta was $8/lb for Goex. Now Cabelas is over $50/lb.
Walk

The cheapest I remember powder here in Alberta was $8/lb for Goex. Now Cabelas is over $50/lb.
Walk
Last week I paid $200 (2.2 lbs) of powder. It's almost impossible to get here in Western Australia. I lucked into this Kilo and It was pay the man, or don't shoot. Have you ever wanted to punch someone?

Haven't had a chance to fire any of my newly-purchased caps nor examine packaging for possibly manufacture dates. If available or anyone knows, it may be interesting to see just when these newly available caps were made. I had not bought caps in years, so the plastic "Hanging" packaging is new to me.

We shoot whatever we can get. CCI are the most common, followed Reminton. But, as I say, just use what we can get. Last time I bought some they were $15/100 for #11 and $20/100 for musket caps.

Last week I paid $200 (2.2 lbs) of powder. It's almost impossible to get here in Western Australia. I lucked into this Kilo and It was pay the man, or don't shoot. Have you ever wanted to punch someone?
Holy molybdenum that's dear. Was it swiss at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back