• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Price of Goex ..??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galamb said:
And I remember paying 35 cents a gallon for gas (Imperial Gallon - when we converted to metric it was 17 cents a liter - paid $1.35/liter the other day) and 65 cents for a big Mac.

So now it costs me 8X as much for gas to drive to Mickey D's to pay 7X as much for a Big Mac.

So maybe powder hasn't gone up nearly as much as the things around it :idunno:
Seriously. Kind of makes you want to say...

GetOverIt.jpg
:wink:

wattlebuster said:
When I bought my first can around 35 yrs ago I paid around 4 bucks for that can. Hauled hay all day to get the money for it and some hornady balls. Things sure have changed since then :shake: Can you imagine what they would do to a man now days that would sell a 17 yr old boy a pound of powder :idunno:

That takes me back,Wattlebuster...We got a nickle a bale for "buckin" in the Arkansas Ozarks (mid 60's) sometimes it was the small round bales, which I hated...and 'ol man Barnes who owned the General store would bust up a box of shotgun shells and sell us a few of whatever we could afford if we couldn't afford a full box (which was most of the time) I had my ancient 410 single shot and my friend had his dads 20 guage double....Ah, those we're the days

galamb said:
Mooman76 said:
I have a 3rd place (if they still sell it) but it's 600 miles away.

Buy fuel efficient vehicle (30 miles/gallon) - $25,000

20 gallons of gas @ $3.63/gal (national avg) - $72.60

12 hours of your time @ minimum wage ($7.25/hr/Fed) - $87

So if you go and pick up 25 pounds that only works out to $1006.38 per pound, plus the cost of the powder :rotf:

I won't make a special trip 600 miles to get it. I'd order first but it does happen to be near a place I visit about once a year or so, so I will just pick it up next time I go.

The Ancient Ones are buying KIK powder through Powder Inc. 14.00 lb including hazmat. That powder is great!
Nit Wit

Yep, back than that was the price at Log Cabin. I would get four lbs. for 8 dollars every time I drove past. :idunno:

$32 Cdn funds/lb in plastic can in Calgary Alberta.
Just picked up 3x cans FFG on the wknd.

What I really need are Musket caps!

Actually that's not too bad a price. Here, we have Bass Pro and they sell it for around $26.00 a pound.

I'm going to stop by after work and buy a couple of pounds to keep me supplied.

Jamie

If you go to the gun shows you can often get powder in the $23 range. There is also a fellow by the name of Ken (his last name escapes me right now) that sells at black powder shoots. He is a straight $20 a pound including taxes and about the best price I have seen in Alberta.

why aren't some of you ordering your powder from powder inc or the maine powder house by the 25lbs, think it's about 16.00 a pound del.

Back