• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Price Increase coming for Pedersoli Firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was talking to the folks from Dixie Gun Works at the NMLRA range. I was looking at their Brown Bess kits. I was informed in Oct. the price would go up. Pedersoli announced there is going to be a price increase for United States orders. so buy what you can now.

Thanks for the "heads up". I have a coworker who is wanting a Pedersoli Trade Musket..., I shall alert him.

FOLKS..., let's NOT twist this timely, money saving advice into a political rant about WHY the prices are going up, and which politician(s) and policies might be causing the price increases....OK? 😇

LD

The bottom line is? How bad do you want/need it???
New and used car prices jacked up by HOW MUCH??
(when dealers see folks walking away because of the prices, maybe they'll get the message?)
Bottom line is how bad do you want and are you willing to pay THAT MUCH extra for it?
When you see the tacked on $$$$$, you willing to spend YOUR $$$ on it?
You walked in so you can turn and walk out. Thanks but NO THANKS.
Prices get jacked up by the sellers because they CAN.
Just passing on the price increase that gets passed on to them.
It's YOUR $$$ so spend it (or don't) where and how YOU want. ;)

Any actual word from Pedersoli or the other Italian makers? They never seem to respond on facebook when you ask about the lack of availability of guns.

Was talking to the folks from Dixie Gun Works at the NMLRA range. I was looking at their Brown Bess kits. I was informed in Oct. the price would go up. Pedersoli announced there is going to be a price increase for United States orders. so buy what you can now.
Nice that you got out there! I'm an NMLRA member but don't think I'll get out to Indiana anytime soon! Must be nice to actually see and talk to Dixie folks!

Nice that you got out there! I'm an NMLRA member but don't think I'll get out to Indiana anytime soon! Must be nice to actually see and talk to Dixie folks!

It is really nice to talk to the folks at Dixie. When I was in their store last, I asked about availability. I was told that they believe it is a combination of supply/ demand and a lack of materials due to supply chain issues. They order whatever they can, but they expect that some things are going to be out of stock for a good while. Didn’t think to ask them about pricing, but I think it’s accurate to expect everything will continue increasing, especially based on the cost of transit/shipping.

I wanted a raise from time to time back when I was employed, didn’t always happen but made me happy when it did. Nothing is cheaper today then it was five years ago and I expect that will continue.

The bottom line is the market will determine if a price increase works.
While I am a Pedersoli fan I also acknowledge they are damn expensive but, for some of the military replicas, they are the only game in town. At least for me the product quality has always been top shelf to ease the financial pain.
If people don’t pay, they won’t sell, and then they have to drop the price or go out of business…or start cutting corners. Time will tell.
One of the problems is, again for the military replicas specifically, there are so few sellers so the few that do all charge MSRP without fear of competition. I know this as I am a price comparison fool. Lucky I am about done buying.

But everything's bigger down under right? :)
But yea except for the upcoming Pedersoli Baker I am pretty much done buying - I got plenty to keep me busy.
And I’ll wait to see the price increase before I get too excited. And while I hate padding Dixie and Pedersoli’s bank account (I’ve yet to see businesses lose money as long as people keep buying) really, what’s another $100 on a gun your already spending $1500-3000 on? Either you want it or you don’t at those prices.

Back