• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Price for round balls near you?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not casting your own Jonathan ?
I haven't bought round balls since 1988. My very first casting session paid for all the equipment, and that was from just casting a little over a 100 maxi-balls.

Just finding round balls locally would be a challenge these days.

Seems a bit to the high side. Last I looked online saw 50 to 54 caliber in the $10 per 100 range (plus shipping). Similar prices locally, maybe a buck or so higher, depending on shop. But doubt $20 a hundred will sell around here. Although I have been wrong before. Personally, cast my own for everything except 32 caliber. Buy #1-1/2 buckshot from Ballistic Products. 8 pounds for $38 plus shipping. About 1500 lead 32 caliber balls. At that price I’m not going to be casting, even though I have a mold.

Personally, cast my own for everything except 32 caliber. Buy #1-1/2 buckshot from Ballistic Products. 8 pounds for $38 plus shipping. About 1500 lead 32 caliber balls. At that price I’m not going to be casting, even though I have a mold.

At just over $2.50 a hundred (less shipping) that's not a bad price if you have to buy them. :thumb:

A local gun shop (Green Mountain) has 50 cal balls for about $14.95 per 100. The 45 cal balls were about $12.95 per 100. At least that was the price a month ago when I stopped there.

I really don't recall, it's been several months. I think it was 12 something for a box of 44 balls.

I buy from Either Track of Wolf for about $11 per 100 or from Rush Creek Round Ball PO Box 327, Rushylvania OH 43347 $100 per 1000 for .495 or ,500 about $85 for smaller calibers or Eddie May Round Balls 159 Ridley Rd Chatsworth , GA 30705 roughly same price. I send check, they send round balls. Good quality good guys to deal with. I have ordered through mail and a shoots.

I never have to go further than my patio (for casting my own) or my front door (when buying from Eddie May). Eddie is my go to guy when searching for a patch/ball combo on a new rifle ( I order several sizes to try before buying a mold). If you don't want to cast your own, just keep ordering from Eddie.

For those of you that buy your round balls, what are you paying?

$14.00 per 100 for SPEER .530 round ball, including shipping.
But my son is an avid hand-loader and he gets a bunch of modern bullets so I just add my box or two to his large order, and my portion of the shipping is about $2 per box.

LD

"If it fits, it ships" - you can get a lot of roundballs into the smallest USPO box.
Years ago I bought lead from a range in Hawaii ... (I am in Texas)
For less than a dollar a pound then, range scrap smelted and in Lee ingots, 68# box, about 64# of lead, priority shipped.
The mail lady would always come to the door and make me get my dolly and follow her to the mail truck and unload.
LOL, we always laughed about it, and our families got to be good friends.

The prices I quoted above for the bulk round balls does include shipping. Finding lead around here to cast with has become a real problem and very expensive.

I buy them from midway and catch them on sale for .45, 50, and 54 usually at end of season 9.90 to 12.00 per hundred the .570 are about 12.00 for 50

Back