• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD * PRICE DROP* Reproduction 19th C. English Hunting Sword

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Price drop to 175.00 plus shipping.

Good Day All,
This sword was purchased from At The Royal Sword: their "English Cuttoe - Hunting Sword - Bone grip". I've never had this to an event or "used" per se, but dressed the seam on the 2-piece bone grip to minimize as much as feasible and replaced the lightweight chain with 2 strands of a heavy, flat round link chain that will stand up to field use. It also more closely resembles examples of originals than the chains as manufactured.
Overall length of sword in scabbard 30", sword 29 1/2" and blade 23 1/2". Excellent condition, all leather and metal clean, no rust on blade, which is unsharpened. Blade and hilt are tight, scabbard fittings and stitching as new. No "Maker's" mark or other stamps present.
$200.00 plus shipping to CONUS. PM with questions.
Thanks for looking!
Garret

*Additional Note*
I don't have an appropriate scale to accurately weigh this. The closest I can do is bathroom scale with me holding sword/scabbard, then without. This shows 2 lbs. I will add that it is likely of Indian Manufacture and of good quality. The only opinion I can give is that in-hand it feels a bit "blade heavy" as most Indian Manufactured sword do.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9297.jpg
    IMG_9297.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9298.jpg
    IMG_9298.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9299.jpg
    IMG_9299.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9301.jpg