• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Price check help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking at a brand new, in the box T/C Hawken, .50cal. Percussion. Beautiful piece of wood, great brass. Gun shop find. How much is it worth? Owner wants 550. but that sound high to me. Any ideas?
Brand new for $550? I would’ve bought it right there and then!!! No ???Asked!!

I know a guy who was in a gun shop a couple of years ago talking guns with owner and the topic TCs came up, the owner said he had a bunch of them new in the box from years ago he couldn't sell and would take $150 each for them. Turns out there were ten of them both Renegades and Hawkens, the owner wanted to keep a couple that had nice wood. My friend brought the rest still in the boxes. He sold what he bought quickly and doubled his money, if he had only knows the direction TCs would have gone he would have had a gold mine.

I know a guy who was in a gun shop a couple of years ago talking guns with owner and the topic TCs came up, the owner said he had a bunch of them new in the box from years ago he couldn't sell and would take $150 each for them. Turns out there were ten of them both Renegades and Hawkens, the owner wanted to keep a couple that had nice wood. My friend brought the rest still in the boxes. He sold what he bought quickly and doubled his money, if he had only knows the direction TCs would have gone he would have had a gold mine.
I hate your buddy!!

I just bought a new in the box ( stock has finish applied ) Lyman 54 cal Big Bore mountain rifle kit. Shipped to me for $525. If that can be of any kind of comparison. Maybe I just got an exceptionally good buy.

It's probable that somebody will buy it at that price and part it out on fleabay.

Just for comparisons sake. I just found today a Fox Ridge Outfitters catalog I think was from 2007 (?, the catalog was #33). A brand new Renegade from them in that calalog was $399.99, a new Hawkins was I believe was $495.99. If I take my Left Hand Lyman GPR that I got aound 2010 I think it was $380 as an example, the last I saw for a Investarms GPR was around $650-$700 new. So I would say for a NIB TC Hawkins at $550 in today's market, take it and run. You know it is new "old stock", unfired, and you aren't taking chances on the condition of the barrel. DANNY

Make an offer on it. He might be looking at clearing some shelf space. Offer $400.00, and let him counter. If he won’t budge on the price, be prepared to pay the $550.00 he’s asking. It’s a free ask. :thumb: :cool:

Back