• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Pretty Nice Powder Horn (#28)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
**SOLD Pending Funds**
Just finished this lobed-style Powder Horn (Number 28). It's a pretty nice one :)
I went with nice engraved decorations on this horn because I liked the marbling on the horn surface and didn't want to cover it. Towards the upper section of the body the horn turns clear and makes a lovely contrast to the center portion. The lower area engravings are eye-catching and give nice visuals and balance I think.
Wears on left, or displays beautifully on your shelf or cabinet from any side or angle.
Measures 13" from the carved base plug to the spout, 2.25" wide and 2.5" high.
Asking $410 for this beautiful horn.
Money Order or personal checks are welcome, or pick-up if you're in the area (Mount Airy, NC).
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 28 a.jpg
    28 a.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 28 b.jpg
    28 b.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 c.jpg
    28 c.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 d.jpg
    28 d.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 e.jpg
    28 e.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 f.jpg
    28 f.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 g.jpg
    28 g.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 i.jpg
    28 i.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 k.jpg
    28 k.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 28 l.jpg
    28 l.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's a stunner mate.

How are the lobed horn in terms of durability?

Last edited:
Just finished this lobed-style Powder Horn (Number 28). It's a pretty nice one :)
I went with nice engraved decorations on this horn because I liked the marbling on the horn surface and didn't want to cover it. Towards the upper section of the body the horn turns clear and makes a lovely contrast to the center portion. The lower area engravings are eye-catching and give nice visuals and balance I think.
Wears on left, or displays beautifully on your shelf or cabinet from any side or angle.
Measures 13" from the carved base plug to the spout, 2.25" wide and 2.5" high.
Asking $410 for this beautiful horn.
Money Order or personal checks are welcome, or pick-up if you're in the area (Mount Airy, NC).
Thanks for looking!
Very , very aesthetically pleasing!
VERY nicely done 👍👍

I know PathfinderNC appreciated all the comments about how beautiful it is. How about sending him some "Beautiful" money?🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back