• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Preparation H

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for one of you folks to try "Preparation H®" out on your shooting patches. If it really does shrink group sizes, that brings up the question, "Will 'Bag Balm®' on a shooting patch work as well to shrink group sizes?

I doubt that Bag Balm® would work in a cartridge gun but since we load our guns from the udder end I had to ask.

I'm waiting for one of you folks to try "Preparation H®" out on your shooting patches. If it really does shrink group sizes, that brings up the question, "Will 'Bag Balm®' on a shooting patch work as well to shrink group sizes?

I doubt that Bag Balm® would work in a cartridge gun but since we load our guns from the udder end I had to ask.
Zonie, that was "udderly" unnecessary. Mark

Good idea!!
You would be oh so comfortable on the range...

Don

Talk about milking a joke for all it's worth... ;-)

All seriousness aside..........Actually I seem to recall a discussion on some forum in the vast wasteland of the interwebs about Prep H being the basis of, or close relation to, Bore Butter. Or maybe it was Vaseline, possibly Chapstick. Whatever, it seems that Bore Butter just had the wintergreen scent added to whatever substance was being used ....... I tried doing a search for the subject, you wouldn't believe what rabbit holes that lead to. I have never heard of some of those things. And now I'll do my best to forget them. Kinda like getting Yellow Submarine stuck in your mind all day.

I can see, I guess, where someone would be offended by this post. That is what the times today has evolved to.

I, for one, am laid up for at least a month, and I laughed out loud at most of the subject matter. But then, I am "old school". I wouldn't be shooting muzzleloaders if I wasn't.

There are a lot of subjects to read in this forum. If you don't like something, go to another subject. It's easy to do.

Outdoorman

There seems to be alot of familiarity with this product, I'd be willing to bet it has been tried and will be tried by more than those who would admit it.

Oh lord Every time I open this thread I say I'm never going to do it again. You guys, if you're half as clever with guns as you are with these jokes, come spend an hour or two at my house. I've got a rifle and a pistol to fix and both have me stumped.

Back