• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Preferred online vendors

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranders

32 Cal.
Reaction score
In the past I have used TOW and Dixie, but was curious as to everyone's preference.

Thanks!

Possible's Shop, he is Sponsor here, TOW is not, nor are any other vendors.

I have been happy with most dealers. TOW, Pecotonic,Log Cabin sport shop, Crazy Crow( much of there itsms are cheaply made...you get what you pay for), Ohio Country,Townsends,Turkey Foot Traders,Backwoods Tin and copper,Avalon Forge, Hot dipped Tin,Callahan bag molds. To name a few that get double thumbs up from me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For shooting supplies, TOTW. Got a used Brown Bess from them, too.

Living history stuff...there are many. Perhaps the best business Ive ever dealt with is Wm Booth Draper for linen, wool, and sewing stuff. They're all avid living historians and know their stuff. If you have a project in mind they can walk you through the supplies needed and point you to good sources that'll help you along.

Then there's Turkey Foot Trading Co, Townsends for certain things,Burnley and Trowbridge (best handkerchiefs), etc.

There are a bunch of small outfits that do amazingly accurate work, like George Franks, Hatter, for instance, and Bill Carter's Hand Sewn Shirts.

Nuts I'll give TRS a plug, just have to understand what you're after isn't going to be sitting on the shelf everywhere. The quality of their parts was outstanding, needed to be persistent to get a hold of them, but it wasn't impossible.

No place is perfect, ordered some parts from TotW, a month later ordered a Ferguson Rifle part kit from TRS. Ferguson Rifle is ready to shoot, but still getting those monthly cheery messages from TotW. Doesn't mean I don't use Totw, they're catalog is a great resource for parts and ideas.

I really enjoyed dealing with Jack Gardener at Tennessee Valley Manufacturing, fun to speak with and very prompt delivery.

rmatt said:
+1 Muzzle loader Builders Supply
They are my back-up after TOTW - nice people to deal with :wink: :thumbsup: .

I like TOTW for shooting supplies and tools among other things, have ordered from them many many times and they are always fast and good.

I also like October Country. They have good customer service and make really high quality things like solid brass ramrods they cut to order at no extra charge, the best ball starters I've found, and such classy stuff like that.

Also Dixie Gun Works as they sell models of black powder guns hard to get anywhere else and have sales quite often and have an excellent return/exchange policy if the gun has problems.

Those are the main ones I've done business with. We are blessed to have several good quality outlets to support this great hobby!

Back