• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pre-measured powder or shot tubes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is some cheap tubes that work very well. I do at times load them up for target shooting but, have found that when I am hiking in the hills and going through a bunch of brush, I usually just grab a few balls some patches or wads in a 35mm film canister, a few tubes of powder or shot and go. Just thought I would pass along if anyone is looking for some weather protective powder tubes. They have numbers on the side to the #6 on the tube is 85 grains of my homemade brew. Near the top you can get 1 1/2 oz. of #6 shot. Not bad for the price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-161414_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-161414_Chrome.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221004_161518.jpg
    20221004_161518.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Thanks. I might buy some off eBay. For general use I like a more traditional container. But these would be good for getting a shotgun back Quicker when shooting clays.

I have used the "tubes" that horse wormer comes in for over thirty years. I make a tapered dowel plug for the end. They fit in my carthart pocket and are easy to pull out due to the "T" end. Just pull out "bite " the plug to open and dump the powder in.

A good number of years ago I bought some pvc in two different ODs. I plugged one end with wood, leather or just the caps that go on pvc ends. Many of them have cork stoppers. The large ones work with ball and shot while the medium are for powder charges. These are what I carried mostly when deer hunting. Not only are they more convenient than bag & horn but are also made with P/C & H/C pvc just like our ancestors. :ghostly:

I have some 4ml ones with a built-in flip top/snap top lid (ie, easy open with thumb of hand holding it). Since I use the same ones for my revolver and my rifle, I just put 30gr in each one and use one per chamber on the revolver and two in the rifle.

I use .270 Winchester cases with a 6mm (1/4") rubber plug/stopper. The .30-06 class of case will hold up to 60 grains of 3F. Works great for .32 up to .50 caliber rifles with loads of 60 grains or less. I slightly flare the case mouth for easy insertion of the plug. I keep one of the 20 round plastic cartridge box inserts in my bag to keep them from rattling around. I purchased the plugs off of ebay Rubber Plugs

IMG_20221006_214056_887.jpg

I use .270 Winchester cases with a 6mm (1/4") rubber plug/stopper. The .30-06 class of case will hold up to 60 grains of 3F. Works great for .32 up to .50 caliber rifles with loads of 60 grains or less. I slightly flare the case mouth for easy insertion of the plug. I keep one of the 20 round plastic cartridge box inserts in my bag to keep them from rattling around. I purchased the plugs off of ebay Rubber Plugs

I use cases as powder measures... 223 case holds almost 30gr, 308 class case holds 50gr. Got a few .30-378 Weatherby Mag cases from a buddy, they hold 130ish gr H20, so I figure I can cut them down to make a 70 and 90gr measure.

Back