• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pre Carved Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure. Pecatonica River markets under their own label, (and makes most of the stuff for Track) but Dave Keck as well as many others do so as well.

All of them can do a 44" barrel. Dave Keck did a 48" one for me. I furnished him the wood and the barrel.

My Pecatonica River stock came with enough length to do a 44 inch barrel even though my barrel was only 42 inches long.

I'ts either get a pre carve, or tackle what I have. I just don't know, but I think getting a pre carve for the barrel I have would be best.

I tested the barrel, and it's dead on at 100yds

IMG_9889.JPG
IMG_9890.JPG
IMG_9891.JPG
IMG_7301.JPG
IMG_7302.JPG
IMG_7310.JPG

Its hard to see, but it hit about 5:00 o'clock in the 8 ring. Great for never sighting it in, and only had the rear sight taped on!

Last edited:
Now there's a man after my own heart!! A fuse and a wire tied barrel on a bench rest! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Will ingenuity and common sense NEVER cease!? :thumb::dunno:
LOVE IT!!!!
God bless:
Two Feathers

I decided that before I moved forward, I really wanted to test the barrel. It was fun and exciting at the same time. I couldn't believe when I looked through my scope. No triggers, and the lock wasn't inletted all the way, so I was like screw it.

IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like the only thing you need is someone to help you put this rifle on a diet. Inside that stock blank is a fine rifle. Epoxie is still available . Get a copy of how-to-do-it from Dixon's m/l shop , Kempton Pa. , look @ the pictures , read the step-by-step book and "have at it." It's not brain surgery............We got faith in ya..........oldwood

I gotta' agree with oldwood. Be careful, take your time and go for it! The world won't end if you make a mis-cut, and like oldwood said Epoxies are available. They've been the salvation of many a good craftsman. and gun maker.
God bless:
Two Feathers

When examining original Jager rifles in museums , some of them exhibit huge stock wood transplants , glued on w/hide glue. Hide glue was used in wood work so far back I never bothered to look it up. This gives us the right to use a better glue than that.....Epoxie...There are coloring agents from Brownells , and Woodworker's Supply stores . Just saying...you can't screw this up..........If you don't like what you've done , smooth up the surfaces , slap some Epoxie to it and clamp the pieces of wood tight. It will all be ok during the finishing process. Sorry for the lecture. It's a weakness of mine . This stuff is so much fun , I can't resist....oldwood

I have to agree with the others, there looks to be plenty of wood left on that blank to finish the rifle, and it's got a pretty grain to it to boot. Study some rifles...in person if possible...and give it a go. You won't be out anything but time, since you already have the wood.

I have to agree with the others, there looks to be plenty of wood left on that blank to finish the rifle, and it's got a pretty grain to it to boot. Study some rifles...in person if possible...and give it a go. You won't be out anything but time, since you already have the wood.
Whats even better, got the stock, match grade barrel and siler lock for a whopping 50.00

Back