• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Powder!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going to buy some from Travelers the other day until Toby wanted me to put a picture ID on an email to him. Don’t share personal info like that for some hacker to use for who knows what ever. I’ll wait for others to get in and hamate is less and less paperwork plus no photo ID requirement!

I just bought 2 lbs from Midway. Problem is they only had 1F in stock. Being new to flintlock, I hope this powder will work alright. I will be looking for some 2 or 3 F.

IF is for shot gun and cannon but I would think in .50 or better it will work. You will have to greatly increase charges for similar performance but it wont kick anymore. Use it with great results in my 20 and 12 GA

If ya cant return, trade, exchange you are gonna HAVE to get a shot gun and/or a cannon. Dont worry, she'll understand.:ghostly:

Was going to buy some from Travelers the other day until Toby wanted me to put a picture ID on an email to him. Don’t share personal info like that for some hacker to use for who knows what ever. I’ll wait for others to get in and hamate is less and less paperwork plus no photo ID requirement!
Unless you buy it local, you will find out that all (that I know of) require a photo ID, either by mail, fax, or email. This is the only way they have of satisfying the requirement that you be of legal age and covers their fanny in case the there is a problem with the transaction. Fedex may also require a photo ID upon delivery.

IF is for shot gun and cannon but I would think in .50 or better it will work. You will have to greatly increase charges for similar performance but it wont kick anymore. Use it with great results in my 20 and 12 GA

If ya cant return, trade, exchange you are gonna HAVE to get a shot gun and/or a cannon. Dont worry, she'll understand.:ghostly:
This 1F is for my brand spanking new Brown Bess 3rd model. 75 cal.

Unless you buy it local, you will find out that all (that I know of) require a photo ID, either by mail, fax, or email. This is the only way they have of satisfying the requirement that you be of legal age and covers their fanny in case the there is a problem with the transaction. Fedex may also require a photo ID upon delivery.
Spot on.
Without an ID you can't do much of anything that requires adult status.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit on the paranoid side?

This 1F is for my brand spanking new Brown Bess 3rd model. 75 cal.
That monster lock on a Brown Bess, even the 3rd model, will use up that 1F powder. The 1F will even work as priming powder. I do have some experience with that. Even if it is a bit slower than a finer powder, its not enough to overly adversely effect accuracy.

Just bought 10 pounds 3F Schuetzen for $265.00 shipped from addictedtoblackpowder.com

Back