• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Powder update

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A group of us skirmishers meet on Wednesdays for lunch and I happened to sit near Jackie, owner of Back Creek Gun Shop, and this is what I learned from him. As far as GOEX is concerned he has only 1f and blasting powder on hand. He is out of Swiss and there will not be any more Swiss or RWS (German) caps coming into the country till June. He does have Schuetzen powder and caps (Spanish). Apparently GOEX's corning mill was damaged and they were capable of only producing blasting powder. Regarding the sale of their facility their answer to Jackie whenever he asks it "we're in negotiations" which doesn't sound encouraging. As for the lucrative Government contracts they have about all the powder they need and GOEX actually bought powder back from the Government last year. GOEX's powder production had shown a major decline in the past 10 or so years though they still have to operate the same equipment with the same number of employees.

Back Creek Gun Shop is a family business started by Jackie's father back in the early 60s (possibly late 50s) and has been at the same location all that time. The shop is the 4th. largest GOEX distributor in the US and if you have bought from many of the sellers the powder probably came from Back Creek. He just shipped to that famous gun shop in SE Maine and is averaging 4 shipments a day. If you haven't heard of him it's probably because all his advertising is word of mouth but all the N-SSA members know where he is.

https://blackpowderva.com/

Last edited:
Back