• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Powder Horns, Lets See Them!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a rather unique horn/flask. Slightly flattened, it will sit upright on a flat surface. What I find interesting is the flask head. It appears that the powder volume is is adjusted by turning the female portion of the spout vertically, up or down. Never seen another like this. Still not 100% sure how it's supposed to work. LOL

Rick
001 (Medium).JPG
003 (Medium).JPG
005 (Medium).JPG
007 (Medium).JPG
008 (Medium).JPG

Here is a rather unique horn/flask. Slightly flattened, it will sit upright on a flat surface. What I find interesting is the flask head. It appears that the powder volume is is adjusted by turning the female portion of the spout vertically, up or down. Never seen another like this. Still not 100% sure how it's supposed to work. LOL

RickView attachment 99785View attachment 99786View attachment 99787View attachment 99789View attachment 99790
Very interesting.

RickView attachment 99785View attachment 99786View attachment 99787View attachment 99789View attachment 99790
pull the tab on the top side, to the left or rite.

As yet, I do not have a horn... But this is surly inspirational work. Thanks for sharing! I will make an attempt at making my own version this winter.

Map horn I made for my Native Pennsylvania Father, Spring 1984
1634573303456.png

Allegheny & Monongahela rivers join at the point, to form the Ohio river. I was born here in Pittsburgh. Turtle is a symbol of the Pennsylvania Indians, to whom we are related, albeit only by a second marriage.

1634573334679.png

British coat of arms. When Dad's ancestors came over, we were still a colony.

is that a brass framed lock in the picture? if so, I have never seen one ever.

Back