• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED Powder Horn Spout - Valve Type Source

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

BruceHH

40 Cal
Reaction score
Historian, TOW has been sold out and I can not find anything like that on Dixie's site. Do you know where it may be hidden?

Redmoon

40 Cal
Reaction score
This one would be inserted into a hole made in the tip of the horn vs being slid on top of the horn tip

Notchy Bob

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Bruce, I don't know for sure because they don't provide a photo, but The Rifle Shoppe may have what you want. This is what I found on their website: Early British Rifleman's Powder Horn Spout (853)

I thought I had seen something like this on their website, but it was kind of hard to find. They had it listed under the category of "English Locks and Hardware."

They describe a set of three castings including a spout, a lever, and a lever spring. So, I guess you would need to add a pivot pin and a screw to hold the spring, which should not be a problem for a fellow with your talents.

I was thinking the spout and valve as shown in your original post was for an artilleryman's priming horn, but I could be wrong. It has been known to happen... However, I believe there was an article about a horn like that in a back issue of The Canadian Journal of Arms Collecting. I'll try to look it up if you're interested.

I hope that helps!

Notchy Bob

Latest posts