• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Powder Horn #24

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished this nice Lobed Powder Horn, which has been purchased. It measures 10.5" and is a Left carry.

Attachments

• 24 e.jpg
    24 e.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 24 f.jpg
    24 f.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 24 g.jpg
    24 g.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 24 h.jpg
    24 h.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 24 i.jpg
    24 i.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 24 k.jpg
    24 k.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 24 m.jpg
    24 m.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 0
I think that's one of the best yet. I really like the size of your horns as well. I sure whoever got the horn will be very happy with it.

Hi fellas,
I really appreciate the nice comments and thoughts about this horn. I am happy it's got a great home to go to and will be used with the owner's newly arrived .36 Kibler SMR.
Naturally there are things that I see in it that I could have done a better job with- each horn is a learning adventure. I really had no pre-conceived idea of how I would be decorating this one and it just evolved one step at a time. I am sure that having a finished horn to copy would be so much easier to do (designing a new horn takes literally hours and hours of work for me), but I don't like copying other's creations so much as making my own. The cool part of horn making for me is that it's an adventure, not knowing exactly what it will finish-up looking like. Thats the uniqueness of these as art forms. Folk-art, really. I love it.

Last edited:
Very nice!!
Hi and thank you. I am a member of the HCH, but have no luck trying to figure out how to post pictures there.
I had trouble also, but went to Imgur.bb and finally got it to work. It’s free. There is a tutorial on Horners Bench forum that I followed. The site used to be very active but fell into disuse because of the picture issue. I would like to see it revived.

Back