• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Powder horn $150

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got back to horn making. The butt is walnut turned by my son in law, LTC USN. Spout is also walnut, approximately 13 inches long and 3 inches across the butt. Asking 150 shipped. Will carry either side very well. Reduced once and will keep if not sold, sorry too much work involved to go any lower.

Attachments

• 20220908_113539.jpg
    20220908_113539.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220908_113504.jpg
    20220908_113504.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220908_113422.jpg
    20220908_113422.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was planning to keep Torpedoe’s horn as a display but decided that it needs to be used for a while first 😉
Years ago my wife and I decided to use and enjoy the nice things we have. Too many folks “save” the fine china for “special” occasions. We decided a dinner can be special any time - so we use it. I carry that beautiful horn you made and use it. We still care for things, but if something gets damaged so be it. Honestly very seldom does any harm come to anything.
Point is - good for you. Use it in good health my friend.

Torpedo; I am brand new to muzzleloading, and have a flintlock that was shipped today. Waiting for it to get here. Seems that I may need a Powderhorn. Are there certain size Powderhorn‘s for certain size rifles? These are things that I don’t know. Are you still making powder horns?
Is a Powderhorn used only for priming or both for priming and carrying powder to load the rifle?

Welcome to the community Dialcannon! A powder horn is necessry if you hunt or go out plinking. Not needed if you are target shooting from a fixed location. No size per gun as far as I know. There are many here who are more knowledgeable in that area than me. Also many use the same size powder for priming as for main load so you can prime and load from same horn. However many like myself use 4f priming powder therefore I use a large horn for loading and a small priming horn. I am back to making horns. Should have a couple more out soon.

Torpedo, If you make another horn like that, dont even post it, Ill buy it. Left carry 😊
I hope to make more, however the butt on that horn was turned by my son-in-law. He is a Naval officer so only has limited time, plus he is stationed across country in Virginia. But I am currently buggin him to make more. If and when I get one I will notify you,

Back