• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder gourds?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see certain people jumped all over me when I suggested them in use for powder. they just didn't go to the right museum, or the right books. it is out there.

22B3EE0D-F49F-4A17-944C-1FFCA7877494.jpeg

WOW! wonders never cease. we can all learn from one another. there is a vast amount of knowledge out there.

I have a dipper gourd that my Grandmother gave me when I was 8 yrs old. It looks as good today as it did on the vine- other than being brown in color. I've hung on to it through the years through several moves. I've thought several times about cutting it to make a dipper but when I start thinking about it- I just hang it back on the beam. It now is 65 yrs old.

I have a dipper gourd that my Grandmother gave me when I was 8 yrs old. It looks as good today as it did on the vine- other than being brown in color. I've hung on to it through the years through several moves. I've thought several times about cutting it to make a dipper but when I start thinking about it- I just hang it back on the beam. It now is 65 yrs old.

I would do the same thing.

I have a big old alligator tooth my dad acquired some time before I was born (I'm 66 now). He told me he was going to make a powder measure out of it, but I guess he was holding out, saving it for a really special gun. I haven't felt right about cutting into it. I take it out and handle it from time to time, think about Dad, and then put it back in the drawer.

Notchy Bob

I think that it's really interesting, the things that cause us to recall days past. I have a whistle that my Grandfather gave me due to me giving him a new one about 65 yrs ago.
When I handle it- my mind goes back to us "bird" hunting for Quail and him with the whistle between his lips giving commands to his dogs.

I would do the same thing.

I have a big old alligator tooth my dad acquired some time before I was born (I'm 66 now). He told me he was going to make a powder measure out of it, but I guess he was holding out, saving it for a really special gun. I haven't felt right about cutting into it. I take it out and handle it from time to time, think about Dad, and then put it back in the drawer.

Notchy Bob
Is this something you would ever consider selling or trading for? I think the idea is really interesting.

We don't talk about buying and selling in the general areas of the forum.
People who want to ask about buying or selling outside of the Classified Ad areas should start a private conversation with the person.

Back