• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Powder flask with a compartment for bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earth magnets,and again just what is their purpose in the horn? and what do they look like? I want to get some.

Enclose are images of horn powder and shot flask .
Feltwad
100_1702.JPG
100_2405.JPG
100_2410.JPG

thanks for the come back. but where does one get them?
I bought mine at Harbor Freight. You can also find them on line. As an aside, I purchased.(from Harbor Freight) some of their rare earth magnets that have a hole in the center like a 3/8" dia washer about 1/16" thick. I use one of these magnets as a ghost ring sight on my flint lock squirrel rifle. I stick the magnet onto the rear sight. Works well for my old eyes that don't see the sights so well anymore.

earth magnets,and again just what is there purpose in the horn? and what do they look like? I want to get some.
In the horn I made, I recessed and glued two of the magnets into the wooden base of the horn. Then I made a wooden ball block the same shape of the base of the horn and recessed and glued two more magnets into it so that they lined up with the ones in the horn base, and were magnetic opposite poles. The ball block base is stuck to the horn base, and has to be pushed off to the side to release the ball block base. Very convenient for hunting.

hey guys thanks for responding to my query that I asked. a rely great group of guys! best and stay safe.

I made a tube on a lathe for storing bullets and a plug for this tube
powder%20flask%20-%2021.jpg

Back