• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

powder flask spout

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have several powder flasks. The problem flask is plain (no markings) and is missing the spout. The spouts I have will not work as they are a smaller diameter than the hole in the flask. I've tried numrich arms and several others. Any input as to where I can find a spout for this flask?
Thanks!

Try fitting various caliber shell casings with the head cut off. .223 or .30 might do. Solder in the one that serves best.

Is it an original or a repro? If original, I would be reluctant to solder or do anything to diminish its value.

That said, I haven't checked Numrich, but my Dixie Gun Works catalog has a large selection of flask spouts of various sizes.

As "the Parson" says, check out DGW. In looking at my flask collection I can see at least 5 different spout sizes, depending on size and maker of the flask.

Seem like you ought to start by taking it to a hardward store and try an assortment of bolts in it to find out what diameter and thread pattern you need.

I think most of the spouts Dixie sells are made to fit the Italian reproduction flasks.

I know I've got over 10 different Italian spouts and they all fit all of my Italian flasks.

If Sinners existing spouts won't work on the flask in question, Dixies spouts probably won't either.

I have two from the very early flasks. I can't
quite make out the thread size...could be 27 per
and measure .470...might be metric...

Back