• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the slick head! Should be good eating.

Btw… I’ve enjoyed your Video’s. Enjoyed watching your “woodswalk “ video last night. Very well done and great shooting!

Thanks, and keep the video’s coming!
Thanks! I enjoy making the videos but it takes time. Sometimes it's a hassel, but I hope it might get someone else into it too

Nicely done. What for ball powder and patch are you using? My camp is just down the road from you in Wharton.
.440 ball
.020" pillow ticking lubed with grease from a Pennsylvania black bear killed this past fall mixed with beeswax
Pushed down range by my gun's favorite change of 65 grains FFF GOEX

I use that charge for everything, hunting, paper, steel don't matter. Always the same.
Only thing I change up is to spitting on that ticking when I target shoot.

This is a horse, not a deer 😃 Wow!
It was a good size doe, however the doe I shot in archery season in Tioga State Forest was bigger yet. Now that one was a horse.
Or maybe was it the 1.99 mile drag that took two of us 3 hrs and 45 minutes that made her seem to be a horse. That's what my OnX napping says the drag was. It seemed every bit that far.
PXL_20211105_152359303.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20211105_165341348.jpg

Picture doesn't seem to do justice, to I'll add a few

Yeah I gotta say with any deer in the back country I just bone them out, put the meat into heavy duty trash bags I always keep in my backpack and fanny pack, and lug it to my backpack and then pack it out to the vehicle. All that said, these pictures show the absolute biggest doe I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a gutted one weighed at 120, which means she was 150 at least. Yours looks bigger. Way to go

Back