• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Potato pancakes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Latkes-for-breakfast.jpg

Latkes. Dehydrated hash brown potatoes, grated onion, beaten egg, AP flour, Old Bay Seasoning, pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Lots of other good ingredients to try, like a little roasted green chile salsa...your suggestions? Thanks.

I just finished an awesome burger and fries at a small local burger joint (my current favorite place).
And you're making me hungry again.

My ex's grandmother would make wonderful latkes, nice and simple just the basic ingredients you stated.
Didn't need anything else. Especially once the gravy from her brisket hit them......

All great suggestions. Thanks.
I'm also wondering about incorporating other proteins like bacon (bits).
Full disclosure: this was my first attempt at potato pancakes under tutelage of my wife who spent 25 years in Pennsylvania. We had them for breakfast with eggs and bacon.
61XFa0HBsHL._SL1086_05b34d8548128e24.jpg

yep as a binder, I'm talking sunnyside up and letting the yolk run into them when cut.
Yeah I figured. And, I'm all for it. The more eggs the better in my book.
I was just starting to get the impression from a few topics that folks thought these were "Waffle House" style "hash-browns."
Just used your post to reply to because it was close to the bottom when I replied, and, I know you to be reasonable and not take offense to my question.

Yeah I figured. And, I'm all for it. The more eggs the better in my book.
I was just starting to get the impression from a few topics that folks thought these were "Waffle House" style "hash-browns."
Just used your post to reply to because it was close to the bottom when I replied, and, I know you to be reasonable and not take offense to my question.
Not a problem sir, even though I'm not Jewish I really like Latkes.
I've made them many times, sometimes I put fried eggs on them
other times soft boiled. My favorite is to use the Latkes like an English muffin and make eggs benedict.

Try some ground corned beef mixed in.
Midrats heaven right there.
Mitch
midrats = meal served for the midnight to 6 am shift at sea.
When I was young I worked in an Italian restaurant. A favorite with the after hours crowd was lasagna with a sunny side egg on top.

Back