• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Potato pancakes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gunnny, old habits are hard to break. SEMPER FI
True.
I've got an official recipe somewhere that I printed off of the USMC Food Service Assn site years ago. Just checked and don't find it listed on their site. There are various recipes to be found, but this one in the attached article from Sgt Grit is about the closest you will find to the original USMC recipe. If you have chipped beef, substitute it for the ground chuck.
USMC S.O.S. Recipe

Yep, Gunny that's the way to make it, SOS was a staple at breakfast time at my grandparents growing up, sometimes with chipped dried beef, sometimes with sausage sometimes with hamburger, usually over homemade biscuits but sometimes over toast, depended on what needed done that day, there was always a lot to do. Upon my arrival to the Corps, it was like old home week at breakfast time., also good over home fried potatoes. Also, tooty (grandmother) made a just peppered gravy that was good also.

Topped with cranberry.
P1090374_PotatoPancakes-1000.jpg

Back