• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Posting on Classified

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmorris

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have reached out asking why after waiting 14 days, and submitting 5 posts, and have not received a reply. I have three beautiful pieces, to post, that I’m sure will be of interest. When I go to the page, it says I’m still am unable to post. So, please advise what I’m doing wrong. Respectfully, Kevin

I will take your advice, and thanks for the post. I experienced much the same on Winchester Collectors, and was able to navigate.

One way you could definitely be able to post immediately would be to click on the "Become a supporting member" button near the top of the page. Once you become a supporting member you can post immediately and it's cheap, even paying for one month would do it and it's only a couple bucks.

Are licensed FFL dealers banned from the forum? I’m a retired factory rep that still has a license, and am assisting friends with the disposition of firearms. Please clarify, and if what you say is the case, refund my annual dues!

Seems you need to become a Vendor to sell stuff that is not yours.

Contact the site admin Angie. But I feel a Mod will be along.
Any tips you can give on how to remove my posts from the classified page, will be appreciated. Thanks

Any tips you can give on how to remove my posts from the classified page, will be appreciated. Thanks
Kmorris
You should have been able to post your ad's after your 5 posts and 14 day waiting period. Sometimes the forum computer takes a bit of time to review and update things. Now that your a paying member, it shouldn't matter. In any case, I see that you have made some ad's.

The Classified ad rules say you should own the items. As I understand it, you aquired them by buying an estate sale so, you do own them. That would make advertising them OK by the forum rules.

I will only remove a thread if the person who made it asks me to and even then, I will have to decide that removing the post won't disrupt the flow of discussion.
In the case of advertisements, a post will likely be removed unless the item has been sold. If the item has been sold, I think the buyer deserves a written record of what was advertised so, I will usually reuse to remove the post.

Now, please allow me to say, Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, you will find the site interesting and read some of the many posts.
I would like to think that you might learn the enjoyment of shooting a muzzle loading firearm. They can be a lot of fun.

The Classified ad rules say you should own the items. As I understand it, you aquired them by buying an estate sale so, you do own them. That would make advertising them OK by the forum rules.
He has said in other threads he's selling them for a friend, on her behalf. He doesn't own them himself.

Are licensed FFL dealers banned from the forum? I’m a retired factory rep that still has a license, and am assisting friends with the disposition of firearms. Please clarify, and if what you say is the case, refund my annual dues!
The reason for the rules is to stop dealers & retailers from using our forum as a FREE advertising spot to market products. The classified section is for members selling their personal items to other members, not a place for businesses to sell stuff. If you want to market items that you don't own you are more than welcome to become a "vendor" and advertise as such. You are not, however, entitled to operate as you please without regard for the rules on someone else's site, regardless if you are a FFL holder or not. Don't need an FFL to buy & sell muzzleloaders anyway. What you are doing is acting as an intermediary for others that will benefit from using this site & you act like you are "entitled" to this service. If it were up to me, I would refund your money & say adios.

If you only joined the group to sell a few things you are missing out. there are lots of great conversations on here. I am new to Black Powder and hope to keep learning things.

Thanks for the post! I originally joined to assist a friend in selling a few items from his dad’s estate. I have participated in the Ruger Collectors Assn, & the Winchester Collectors forum, and I have say this forum is well run, and very informative. I plan to stick around and learn something 😃

Good for you and good for us. :thumb:

If you do get into shooting black powder (or one of the substitute black powders) you'll find that it is very rewarding.
It is slower pace than shooting modern guns,. It combines the enjoyment many of us find with reloading along with shooting in general and the smoke and flames from burning black powder adds something that takes us back to the historical times when our country was built. :)

You can add to that, shooting black powder guns costs less than shooting modern centerfire guns (unless you shoot bullets which can be very expensive) and lower costs is a good thing. :D

Latest posts

Back