• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

post hawkin here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faw3

69 Cal.
Reaction score
post your photos of hawkins here, custom factory , factory or custom here. :hatsoff: fred

00150026.jpg

This is my Ithaca Hawkin, Im not good at takeing pics. Anyone got a Navy Ithaca and the Ub Santa Fe? post it here and we can see what is different. Ive put mine next to a Navy the barrel and stock are not the same at least. All Ive found out about the Ithaca is it was a near copy of a 50cal owned by Kit Carson down to the short 30" barrel and was hand fitted makeing it the best looking "Grand Dad " of the factory custom Hawkin. You got one? Add it, so we have a site of pics of the one rifle that keeps comeing back up over and over Thanks everyone. Fred :hatsoff:

Very nice Fred. I see you figured out how to post photos. I like the Ithaca. :grin:

Russ T Frizzen said:
Don't know if this is going to work, but if it does, the top picture is a photo of my .54 caliber S. Hawken.
[url] www.msnusers.com/fotosbyruss[/quote][/url]

Hi Russ, could you give some stats on your Hawken. Which parts did you use and length of barrel and caliber, etc.? Nice lines on that rifle.
Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know what happenned to first and second pics they looked like other 2 when I put them on. To save space the tang, triggerplate,and toe? are just like the Hawkin build story in Muz Blast 05. Tanstaafl,Frizzen,and Cooner how about some specs on yours. Lets try to get a lot on here a base to compare different ones. I had pms from members with Santa Fe and Navy ones too , would like to see those and the Pedrol when it gets out to someone. And all the built from parts / or kit rifles.(after reading what goes into building a kit it can be called a custom Im sure. Thats a lot of work. The T/C with scope,Ive got one on my Vol, but the pic that got me was a Navy Arms photo of one on a the Hawkin they sold, it really looked like it belonged on it. Everyone put yours on Ive only been on here over a year but never seen a lot on one site. Thank you much! Fred :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Fred, the pictures you posted look alright to me. I am no photographer myself, but I'm gonna shoot some of my Hawkens and try to get them posted today. I hope we can get some pictures of original Hawken rifles on here too. A fellow can learn a whole lot by comparing his rifles with the old masters. Did you build yours from a Ithaca kit?
Don

Thats funny the first two look very fuzzey on this thing???lokked all the same when I put them on so thanks, and ya real ones would be great too! I've been buying the old Muz Blast a great buy for just the old ads. One little thing on a page from I think the late 60s a guy got a bear with a org S Hawkin, 50cal 200grsBP at 50 yds went right on thru..? I wonder why? Got a kick out of that one still hunting in Alaska with his org Hawkin a 100 yrs plus you cant keep a good rfle down. Fred :hatsoff:

It has a 33" barrel with a very slight taper. The lock is a Schillinger and the furniture came from the Hawken Shop. The nosecap is poured pewter.The rifle was made about thirty years ago and despite a lot of effort I haven't been able to find out who the builder was.
It is easily my favorite percussion rifle and fits me perfectly. It only weighs 9.9 pounds and carries nicely.

Here is a picture of my Hawken.
[url] http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/Sullybr549/IMG_0066.jpg[/url]

I hope a lot of people post pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww....these are really nice; especially the Ithaca, the Santa Fe and Sully's gun. Would love to have any of them but, for me, there's one huge drawback to them all: They're so pretty and hard to replace that I'd be afraid to shoot them.

Guess I'll stick to my TCs and my Lyman. If they get wet, knocked about, short-started (who? me? :winking: ), or suffer some other terminal malady; a replacement is just a phone call away.

I know my place in the black powder pecking order and I'm glad those fine guns are in the hands of folks who won't let nothin' bad happen to 'em . :hatsoff:
Bob

My rifle has some dings and scratches and gets used alot. It may be valuable dollarwise, but to me the value is in its accuracy and usability. Each ding has a memory attached to it-all of them good.

A very early style TC Hawken percussion stock I refinished and converted to a .50cal Flintlock...beautiful wood

1316429111203-.50calFlintlock8and7Pointers1800pixels.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back