• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Possible NC long rifle - signed - help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZshot

32 Cal
Reaction score
I just got a rifle that I believe is a North Carolina, likely from the Jamestown school. Can anyone recognize the signature? I'm very pleased with it, it has some good things and bads, like most old rifles. One bad is I believe the trigger guard was replaced. It doesn't look like any of the NC rifles I'm seeing, with the spurs curving forward. And the brass is heavy, not refined and thinner. The pins near the trigger seem to be related to it somehow too... So don't use the trigger guard to ID. Can anyone determine the maker from these initials?

51758480605_b5b91917d9_b.jpg

51758453865_76f448a12a_h.jpg

51757586051_2f11f1874b_h.jpg

51757830788_053dc1c659_b.jpg

51758453635_8e2b875ee5_b.jpg

I was informed by good authorities that it is not a NC rifle. Instead, likely KY near the Ohio river border area. Anyone know the initials?

I really like your rifle. It was constructed very nicely. The comb and the lock panels are perfect to me. It appears to be made by an experiences stocker although I wouldnt know who that is. Any more info on the gun? Where did you find it?
James

I did post it there. Most of what I said about it being border region of OH/KY came from there. I also posted on the Ohio Long Rifle group on Facebook. No one has definitively ID'd the initials/signature.

Back